what is code:2

Welcome to the forums rubecula :)

Please try the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Let us know if this solves your problem, thank you :)

Welcome to the forums rubecula :)

Please try the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Let us know if this solves your problem, thank you :)

Hi Mystery, thanks for info,carried out your instructions and everything seemed ok (was a hitch with mbam-clean.exe, had to run x2)

On reboot and update Iran afull scan which identified 8x problems; 2 x rogue error whiz; 6 x highjacker's.

During re-instal M/ware had a Run Time error 372? and Access denied to M/ware logs popup??

I looked in FAQ's at guides but could not understand instructions ! ( I'am a 72 yr old novice and concerned I do more damage than good!)

Thanks again for your help

Regards

Rubecula

Hello rubecula,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having issues. Since Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware has found a number of infections, your computer may still be infected.

I would recommend you to start a new topic in the Malware Removal forum, and let a trained helper/expert have a look.

Please follow the instructions here:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=69723

and post the required logs in your new topic if possible, as well as the description of your problem.

Please be patient -- someone will assist you as soon as it is possible.

Please use the zMn2t.jpg button instead of other ones when you reply here and at the other forums, so that it will be easier to read. :)

Thank you :)

Hello rubecula,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having issues. Since Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware has found a number of infections, your computer may still be infected.

I would recommend you to start a new topic in the Malware Removal forum, and let a trained helper/expert have a look.

Please follow the instructions here:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=69723

and post the required logs in your new topic if possible, as well as the description of your problem.

Please be patient -- someone will assist you as soon as it is possible.

Please use the zMn2t.jpg button instead of other ones when you reply here and at the other forums, so that it will be easier to read. :)

Thank you :)