Windows's updates doesn't download?

cooperator

Hi,

I am writing to ask you why windows's updates doesn't download especially when I use a internet connection via a proxy server although I was using that a internet connection via same a proxy server and the windows's updates were downloading correctly.

I would be greatly appreciated if you could help me. :)

King Regards,

Hi,

I am writing to ask you why Windows's updates doesn't download especially when I use an internet connection via a proxy server although I was using that an internet connection via same a proxy server and the Windows's updates were downloading correctly.

Note: my windows is a windows seven and when I use an internet connection without a proxy server the Windows's updates download correctly

Note: I use window 7 and when I use internet connection without proxy server the windows's updates download correctly.

I would be greatly appreciated if you could help me.

King Regards,

Hi, cooperator:

You might need to set your IE settings not to use a proxy or to "automatically detect settings".

Windows Updates uses IE, even if you don't use it for your default or preferred browser.

Sometimes you need to fiddle with the IE settings to get WU to work with/without a proxy or behind a firewall.

You don't say what version of IE you are using, but here is how to get to those settings for IE9:

1) Open IE

2) Click the little gear icon in upper right corner

3) Internet options

4) Connections tab

5) LAN settings button

6) Try unticking some or all of the 3 options in that window -- if you have found that it works without a proxy, then untick the proxy buttons; you can try the "automatically detect settings" button, or try leaving that one unticked, too. Each time you make a change, close IE and then try WU again.

MS tutorial

Please let us know if that works for you.

HTH,

daledoc1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, cooperator:

You might need to set your IE settings not to use a proxy or to "automatically detect settings".

Windows Updates uses IE, even if you don't use it for your default or preferred browser.

Sometimes you need to fiddle with the IE settings to get WU to work with/without a proxy or behind a firewall.

You don't say what version of IE you are using, but here is how to get to those settings for IE9:

1) Open IE

2) Click the little gear icon in upper right corner

3) Internet options

4) Connections tab

5) LAN settings button

6) Try unticking some or all of the 3 options in that window -- if you have found that it works without a proxy, then untick the proxy buttons; you can try the "automatically detect settings" button, or try leaving that one unticked, too. Each time you make a change, close IE and then try WU again.

MS tutorial

Please let us know if that works for you.

HTH,

daledoc1

Thank you so much indeed, I am using IE 9 , by the way, I have not a problem with the accessing to the internet I access to the internet via the proxy server without any problem.(NOte:I know those steps you have said me and I changed the setting explorer from the option communications, then, LAN, after that, I entered the the address of proxy server) but my a probelm is only in Windows's updates don't download when I am using the internet via the proxy, however, when I access to the internet elsewhere there is no a problem and windows's update download automatically.

I would greatly appreciate if you could help me if there any solution.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

with best wishes,