Dual Monitors

I just bought a VGA Splitter today and hooked up two monitors to my netbook. Unfortunately I can't seem to set it so I can have specific programs open in each monitor. The extended display option under Screen Resolution(Windows 7 Pro x64) seems to duplicate the 1st monitor to the second rather then extend. Is there a way or program I can use to do this?

The short answer to this is; No, you can't do this.

I don't know exact reasons off the top of my head, but in order to use more than two displays, you usually need a second graphics card(or a graphics card that supports 2 or more displays, in this case your netbook doesn't, and probably won't ever have something like this).

Thanks for the tip. :) I think I'll stick with that I have. Runs an Intel Atom and I'm always concerned about CPU usage with security programs and other things so I don't think that would be best. I'll keep this in mind whenever I decide to upgrade to a newer computer.:)

I just bought a VGA Splitter today and hooked up two monitors to my netbook. Unfortunately I can't seem to set it so I can have specific programs open in each monitor. The extended display option under Screen Resolution(Windows 7 Pro x64) seems to duplicate the 1st monitor to the second rather then extend. Is there a way or program I can use to do this?

I don't know about having 2 external monitors but you should be able to use 1 plugged into th eexternal vga port.

Once you did that, did you go into the properties and select 2 displays?

I don't know about having 2 external monitors but you should be able to use 1 plugged into th eexternal vga port.

Once you did that, did you go into the properties and select 2 displays?

Yep. Been using the external monitor as the primary display for about a month or two. :) Thought if I got a vga splitter it would allow me to use an extended display with two external monitors, but I guess not.