connected but no web pages

Hi, I was told to post here and something about drivers and devices not loading.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but the wired internet connection is shown, packects are shown as sent and recieved, but web pages won't load. Pinging websites by name doesn't work either, but using the ip address works in the browser and the ping. I have checked services, tried reseting winsock, etc, but maybe I did those wrong. The computer I am posting from is on the same router so that's not the problem right?

I have also tried scanning with Malwarebytes, but nothing came up.

Please help and thanks.

Attached is the dds logs I was asked to post.

dds.txt

attach.txt

Hello Bryce

Welcome to Malwarebytes.

=====================

Have you used Ca security suites in the past?

It seems you have some remnants of Ca on your machine that could be the cause of the issue.

If you have had it in the past may I know what version please.

I'm really not sure, I remember there was some software that came with the broadband connection, that I had to call them to remove. That security was changed though. Is there a tool to remove that? Also I used to tool to remove Norton, but that didn't work either. I also tried the TCP/IP settings, but those seemed ok compared to another computer.

OK for now please do the following you will have to use another means or computer to get to this file but once you can access the net on another machine do the following:

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1

Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!