Internet Speed Monitor

Within the past month, I have gotton a program called Internet Speed Monitor installed on my computer twice without my permission. This program is adware, as far as I can tell, and pops up ads even when I am not browsing. Though I found "Adware.ISM" and "Adware.ISMonitor" on Malware.NET, a quick scan failed to remove the program, though however I was able to remove it by simply uninstalling it from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. Must I run a full scan or has the team not looked into this yet?

Thanks, Yeerk :D

• Staff
Within the past month, I have gotton a program called Internet Speed Monitor installed on my computer twice without my permission. This program is adware, as far as I can tell, and pops up ads even when I am not browsing. Though I found "Adware.ISM" and "Adware.ISMonitor" on Malware.NET, a quick scan failed to remove the program, though however I was able to remove it by simply uninstalling it from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. Must I run a full scan or has the team not looked into this yet?

Thanks, Yeerk :D

That should have been killed with ease by our software , it has no ability to hide or resist removal .

If you can please give me as much information about what sites you were on when this happened or what you were installing .

If need be PMing me this info is perfectly fine .

If you do happen to get infected with this again let me know , I would love to research this issue and track down why we failed on this because in all me testing we rip it out without any issues .

• 3 weeks later...
That should have been killed with ease by our software , it has no ability to hide or resist removal .

If you can please give me as much information about what sites you were on when this happened or what you were installing .

If need be PMing me this info is perfectly fine .

If you do happen to get infected with this again let me know , I would love to research this issue and track down why we failed on this because in all me testing we rip it out without any issues .

Hey, thanks for the advice.

Sorry, I can't recall what sites I visited. Fortunately, ever since I removed it I have not seen it on my system. I think it's probably another malware file on my system downloading ISM without my permission.

If I ever get this again I will notify you. Again, thanks.