XP Security Center option grayed out

I have 5 XP machines, attached to two different windows domains in two different locations. The two domains are in no way connected or related to each other. All 5 machines have the "change the way security center alerts me" grayed out in the windows security center page of control panel. I contacted Microsoft and have spent the past 11 days working through email support with them to resolve the issue. Nothing they have had me do has worked to restore this option. My windows updates are set for automatic and are working correctly on all machines.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with malwarebytes as I have that software on all machines. On some of the machines in the past the result of a malwarebytes scan resulted in an (disabled) notification for something to do with security center but it has been a while back and I can't remember the exact wording. I can't say whether or not that has occurred for all machines or not.

I have googled repeatedly and have run and rerun malwarebytes, hijackthis, and a couple of scanners that Microsoft had me use. Nothing so far has fixed this.

Any ideas?

Hello and :welcome:

Being that you are runing in a domain, and are in a company please see below...

As a licensed reseller, affiliate, corporate\business, non-profit or government user or tech shop, your current inquiry is eligible for Malwarebytes’ Corporate support. To qualify for business support services, you MUST HAVE a valid annual subscription and able to provide the following information for verification purposes.

Cleverbridge Order Reference Number:

Organization name:

Approved Contact name:

To contact our Corporate Support Team, please send an email with the above requested information to the following address:

corporate-support@malwarebytes.org or by going to the Malwarebytes Commercial Support site Right HERE