Registration process

Your registration process is unnecessarily cumbersome and difficult. That Capcha program is nearly impossible to decode, with that stupid wiggly line that makes characters un-readable, especially for older eyes.

And you might consider putting your System Requirements on the first page of your ad, so that people don't need to register to access a forum to ask that basic question.

Do you support Ubuntu Linux?

Hello and welcome to MBAM, paparoo:

I'll need to wait for an MBAM staff member to answer your other 2 questions, but regarding the "Captcha" process for forum registration -- that is a nearly universal security technology on internet forums and other web sites these days, in order to insure that it is a real human (not a bot) that is actually registering.

Those few forums or web sites that DON'T use this or a related technology tend to be flooded with spam posts.

Having said that, I, too, sometimes find the characters a bit hard to read.

There is always some sort of "refresh" or "try again" button near the field that you can click to have it load another selection.

I sometimes have to click it two or three times to get one that I can read clearly enough.

HTH a bit,

daledoc1 (just another home user)

Thanks, Daledoc1. Yes I am familiar with Captcha and it's purpose. I don't know if there are levels of difficulty that can be selected during install/config, but this one is much more difficult than others. For example, the letters h n i or l , the squigly line passes through as to make several possible interpretations. And the line is more like a smudge than usual.

Ah, well, I'm just a crusty old curmudgeon who likes to complain...

I suspect that there might be a "level of difficulty" type setting, but I'll have to defer to the MBAM folks on that.

I agree, certain letters & numbers can be VERY hard to discern. I suppose that's the point, eh? ;)

That's why I make frequent use of the "refresh" button.

Anyway, it appears that you did finally succeed, since you are registered. :):)

I'll let the pros answer your questions about the location of the system requirements info and the Linux compatibility (I am pretty sure it's "YES" on the latter, since there are several Ubuntu fans among our members, but don't quote me. ;) )

Enjoy your stay here and please let us know if we can assist you further,

daledoc1

Your registration process is unnecessarily cumbersome and difficult. That Capcha program is nearly impossible to decode, with that stupid wiggly line that makes characters un-readable, especially for older eyes.

And you might consider putting your System Requirements on the first page of your ad, so that people don't need to register to access a forum to ask that basic question.

Do you support Ubuntu Linux?

The capcha feature is designed to stop forum spam. Almost every forum has this.

I will agree on that. Malwarebytes' has shown some improvement on their main page, but they still have yet to fix many concerns and confusing information. I don't see why it's so difficult to do this.

Only Windows at this time.:)

Buttons

Thanks for the reply. Do you use any malware app on your Linux box? We can take that discussion offline if necessary..

paparoo

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The capcha feature is designed to stop forum spam. Almost every forum has this.

I will agree on that. Malwarebytes' has shown some improvement on their main page, but they still have yet to fix many concerns and confusing information. I don't see why it's so difficult to do this.

Only Windows at this time.:)

Buttons

Thanks for the reply. Do you use any malware app on your Linux box? We can take that discussion offline if necessary..

paparoo

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You're welcome.:)

Yes.

Red Hat Firewall|SELinux|ClamAV|Rkhunter|WireShark

Everything except Red Hat Firewall is available for Ubuntu. :) By default comes with UFW(Uncomplicated Firewall) disabled which is a command line Firewall.

SELinux - Host Intrusion Prevention application for monitoring system changes

ClamAV - Antivirus

Rkhunter - Rootkit Hunter

WireShark - Network traffic analyzer.