Data Base Not Updating

I am running Windows XP. When i start MBAM, a dialogue pops up telling me it is outdated by 9 days. Asks if i want to update, choose 'Yes'. It immediately (without actually downloading) responds: You have the latest database version.

It will not update after version: 7035

How do know if my firewall settings are correct? Or is it a virus?

• Root Admin

Please try the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Your computer must be allowed to receive TCP Port 80 from data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

A ping test will mostly confirm that.

Your firewall should allow all connections to *.mbamupdates.com, as there are more subdomains than just "data-cdn.mbamupdates.com" that get used in the update process.

Hello wells5150:

From a command prompt, please Cut, Paste and run the following:

ping data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Please copy the results into a reply to your topic.

I am reminded that a results copy will not work. Please do a screen capture and include that in a reply.

Thank you for your patience. :)

Edited by 1PW

Hello wells5150:

Don't worry about the wait time. We'll try to be here when you are too. :)

Please run the following utility and post back its text files:

Download the latest
DDS
by sUBs and save it to your desktop

• Disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus or Anti-Malware has it.

• Once downloaded, you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

• Double click on
    dds.scr
    to run the utility.

• Upon completion, the
    dds.txt
    file will open.

• Click Yes at the next prompt for Optional Scan.

• When done, the DDS utility will open two (2) log files:

1. dds.txt

2. attach.txt

• Save both report text files to your desktop
  • Please include both text files in your next reply: dds.txt and attach.txt

Thank you. :)

• Root Admin

Please do the following but I also want to see a screen shot of MBAM-CLEAN.EXE running please.

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

post-43952-0-44877200-1314812454.jpgHere is a capture of the clean-up as it was finishing. Prior to this shot the dialogue asked if I wanted to uninstall all the components.

I then downloaded and installed the program, restarted, and it tells me the database is out of date by 55 days.

• Root Admin

Please close all open applications and download the attached file and then open it and run the included batch file inside the zip file.

It will run the following commands and restart the computer and also do a complete Disk Check on the system drive.

@echo off
ipconfig /flushdns
arp -d *
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
netsh winhttp reset proxy
CMD /C ECHO Y|CHKDSK C: /R | SHUTDOWN /r /f /T 30

Once the disk check is done and the computer has restarted please temporarily disable the CA Associates Firewall as shown here

To turn off the Firewall, right-click on the CA Shield icon in the system tray, click My Internet, then click Disable Firewall.

Then try to update MBAM again and let me know how it goes.

After updating MBAM please turn the CA Firewall back on, right click system tray icon, click My Internet, then click Enable Firewall.

fixmyweb.zip