false positive.

Lamia_poi

recently i installed the new winRAR download from cnet.download.com and ended up with this. it produces a popup saying

"comanglia! comanglia! comanglia! comanglia!"

and disables all browsers from google and redirects you to buy microsoft antivirus.

its quite irritating and i was told that malwarebytes anti-malware but it doesn't find it. my avast anti-virus finds it and its replicants but cannot remove the original file.

any suggestions?

never mind i found a solution

Press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC to bring up the task manager. Click on Processes and end any process that says "explore.exe" (NOT explorer.exe).

Start -> Search -> "explore.exe" (again NOT explorer.exe)

Delete any copies of explore.exe found on your computer. (If you searched without quotations you might find copies of iexplore.exe alongside explore.exe--either search with the quotation marks or be sure not to delete the iexplore.exe files)

After you've deleted the files...

Start -> Run -> C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc (or navigate that file path through My Computer)

Right click on the "Hosts" file and Open With -> Notepad. You may need to just click open and select notepad from the list.

You should see a line that says

127.0.0.1 localhost

If there is anything below that line, remove it and save (CTRL-S) the file.

just replace it if you cant see the local host line