Malwarebytes Pro Not Working

I just paid for the Pro Version and entered my product ID and product key but it still runs as the unpaid version, even after a re-boot.

The real-time protection module is not working, even though I selected it when registering.

It also prompts me, saying the database is outdated by 45 days but when I attempt to update it says it is up-to-date.

I cannot set scheduled scans as it says I need the Pro version!

Welcome to the forums PaulVarjak :)

Please try the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Let us know if this solves your issues or not, thank you :)

Thanks Mystery, thank you instructions but I discovered what the problems were before your post...

1. MBAM does not seem to like registering the program within a User Account. Although registration was accepted, it did not switch to the Pro version (this may have been due to problem 2 below)

2. Somehow, at some point in time, I had managed to enable Family Safety on an Admin account! I know that is not supposed to be possible and it was silently blocking any database update! It means I have been using the free version of MBAM.

To be doubly sure, I followed your instructions and re-installed MBAM. I will now have to figure a way of disabling Family Safety on an Admin account!