Restore HOSTS File

I Recently helped a friend remove a couple of malwares from his computer(with malwarebytes) but there where still one problem left the malwares had blocked Facebook, by using the HOSTS File in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.fil and this is very hard for a normal user to fix (There is probably not many people that knows about the file). To Restore this file(unblock the websites) you have to delete the HOSTS file and then make a new one. I was thinking that malwarebytes could make a tool or something that restores it.

I hope you understood what i was trying to say. I also hope this information was useful :)

Greetings :)

While we do not currently have a tool for this, Microsoft does have a tool that will automatically restore the HOSTS file to its default state located here.

I hope you find it useful :).

Well i know how to do it without it but it would be good if malwarebytes had one :)

And i also have to say Malwarebytes is the best Anti-Malware product! :)