Jump to content

Malware preventing update MBAM; posting logs as instructed


Recommended Posts

Hello,

Yesterday I posted a request for assistance in this forum for a malware infection. So far I have not received a direct response but a reader suggested it would be helpful if I were to proceed with the more detailed procedure described here:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=9573

My original post is here:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=92794&st=0&p=466497&fromsearch=1entry466497

[Also yesterday, I posted a query if anyone could recommend a work-around for me to download an update file from the MalwareBytes website:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=92868&st=0&p=466772&fromsearch=1entry466772 ]

I have completed the procedural steps including running defogger, DDS.scr, and GMER. Here are the three log files created in that process:

DDS.txt (created by DDS.scr)

DDS.txt

Attach.txt (created by DDS.scr)

Attach.txt

ark.txt (created by GMER)

ark.txt

I hope these files are of use in ferreting out the malware.

I will add that I ran Emsisoft Anti-Malware this morning which revealed that my machine is/was infected with Trojan.Win32.Swinsys. I quarantined that nasty bit of code (awaiting further instruction from tech support), however I am still unable to update the MBAM definitions database.

Thanks again, to any and all who may be able to assist me!

David Orr

Fayetteville, Arkansas

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.