New feature to MBAM advice...

karthik

Hi, can u provide some options:

1. Send suspecious files to ur lab for analysis.

2. Provide send to MBAM lab option in quarantine tab for quarantined files.

3. Add files or folders to quarantine in MBAM.

4. I am using internet on data usage basis. So can u provide incremental updates for MBAM.

+ 1 for incremental updates, downloading 6 meg every time there is an update is rather outdated nowdays and this add's up to quite a substantial amount over the month plus updates of this size tend to hog the bandwidth.

I believe this has been talked about before going back at least a couple of years so it would be nice if they actually did something about it.

Hi, can u provide some options:

4. I am using internet on data usage basis. So can u provide incremental updates for MBAM.

5. Finally, reduce high memory usage.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

It would be up to the researchers if they wanted such an option or not, but I do believe they may be working on something that is at least similar to this.
I'm not sure if this is possible or not as quarantined items are encrypted so it may not be possible to analyze them without first restoring them from quarantine.
We currently have FileASSASSIN under More Tools, but it removes files only and does not quarantine them. I like the idea of allowing files and folders to be manually quarantined, though I don't know if it's something that the developers plan to implement or not.
We're working on this already and hope to have it implemented soon :).

Thanks for ur reply :D

and can u reduce memory usage of mbamservice.exe(currently it is using 85,824K) and mbamgui.exe(currently it is using 6,980K.

I saw tests and reviews of MBAM in youtube. Ur detection rates r very good.