Some issues with MBAM Pro

hello everyone,

Long time MBAM free user and first time posting here.

after using the MBAM free version for more than a year reading all the good reviews and thumbs-ups around the web plus my own experience with this magnificent piece of application i decided to give the Pro Trial a try, in the first few hours encountered 2 major (for me) issues:

1.MBAM prevents my VPN connection from connecting.its not like its some random shady vpn server, im using Witopia Vpn services. http://witopia.net

2.why there is no option to exclude specific IP address or website in the settings? am i missing something?

Regards,

Farzad Alipour

Hi Farzad -

You are not 'missing' anything , just read the FAQ area I have linked below -

How can I add an IP so it won't be detected and can access a site I need to?

Visit the site and incur an IP block. Then right-click on the Malwarebytes system-tray icon after the block notification appears, and choose Add to Ignore List.

Basically the above advice is emough to set you on the right track -

Or you can read the lower part of Section G http://forums.malwar...ndpost&p=162100 in the FAQ area above these posts -

Thank You

Hello Woomera, I know your version is newer but the instuctions below should be about the same.

Set Exclusions for G Data Total Security 2011 in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

• Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Click on the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on G Data and click on OK
  • Click on the Add button again
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files and click once on G Data and click on OK
  • Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows XP:

• Click Start and select My Computer
  • Click the Tools item from the menu at the top of the window (if you don't see Tools press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will appear)
  • Select Folder Options
  • Click the View tab and make sure Show hidden files and folders is selected under Hidden files and folders
  • Next, uncheck the box next to Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
  • Then, uncheck the box next to Hide extensions for known filetypes
  • Click Apply then click OK

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in G Data Total Security 2011 in Windows XP:

1. Open G Data Total Security and click on Enabled (Both engines) to the right of where it says Virus monitor: and choose Enhanced...
  2. Click on the Exceptions... button
  3. Click on New... in the Monitor exceptions window
  4. Click the Directory radio button and click the ... next to the white box
  5. In the Browse for Folder window click the + next to your system drive (usually C:)
  6. Click the + next to Program Files
  7. Click once on the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder and click on OK
  8. Click OK to close the Exception window
  9. Click on New... in the Monitor exceptions window
  10. Click the Directory radio button and click the ... next to the white box
  11. In the Browse for Folder window click the + next to your system drive (usually C:)
  12. Click the + next to Documents and Settings
  13. Click the + next to All Users
  14. Click the + next to Application Data
  15. Click once on Malwarebytes and click on OK
  16. Click OK to close the Exception window
  17. Click on New... in the Monitor exceptions window
  18. Click the File radio button and type or copy/paste C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys and click on OK
  19. Click OK to close the Monitor exceptions window
  20. Click Apply in the Options window then click on OK

Reset Hidden Files and Folders in Windows XP:

• Click Start and select My Computer
  • Click the Tools item from the menu at the top of the window (if you don't see Tools press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will appear)
  • Select Folder Options
  • Click the View tab and make sure Do not show hidden files and folders is selected under Hidden files and folders
  • Next, check the box next to Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
  • Then, check the box next to Hide extensions for known filetypes

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Computer
  • Press the Alt key on your keyboard and click on Tools
  • Select Folder Options
  • Click the View tab and make sure that Show hidden files and folders is selected under Hidden files and folders
  • Next, uncheck the box next to Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
  • Then, uncheck the box next to Hide extensions for known filetypes

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in G Data Total Security 2011 in Windows Vista and Windows 7:

1. Open G Data Total Security and click on Enabled (Both engines) to the right of where it says Virus monitor: and choose Enhanced...
  2. Click on the Exceptions... button
  3. Click on New... in the Monitor exceptions window
  4. Click the Directory radio button and click the ... next to the white box
  5. In the Browse for Folder window click the + next to your system drive (usually C:)
  6. Click the + next to Program Files Note: This will be Program Files (x86) on 64 bit Windows versions
  7. Click once on the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder and click on OK
  8. Click OK to close the Exception window
  9. Click on New... in the Monitor exceptions window
  10. Click the Directory radio button and click the ... next to the white box
  11. In the Browse for Folder window click the + next to your system drive (usually C:)
  12. Click the + next to ProgramData
  13. Click once on Malwarebytes and click on OK
  14. Click OK to close the Exception window
  15. Click on New... in the Monitor exceptions window
  16. Click the File radio button and type or copy/paste C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys and click on OK
  17. Click OK to close the Monitor exceptions window
  18. Click Apply in the Options window then click on OK

Reset Hidden Files and Folders in Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Computer
  • Press the Alt key on your keyboard and click on Tools
  • Select Folder Options
  • Click the View tab and make sure that Do not show hidden files and folders is selected under Hidden files and folders
  • Next, check the box next to Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
  • Then, check the box next to Hide extensions for known filetypes

OK sorry I miss understood that....

To add more IP addresses it is explained in the FAQ Section G HERE look under How can I add an IP so it won't be detected and can access a site I need to?

Basically you would have to go to each site that is blocked and add the IP from the system trey icon that pops up once the site is blocked. If you add one to the allow list by accident and want to remove it, then you open up Malwarebytes and go to the Ignore List tab, and find it in the list and then click on the Delete button.