Win 7 Antispyware 2012 - Bad.

Downloaded two things last night; a torrent for a TV show my friend wanted me to watch and the newest version of Battle for Wesnoth from Wesnoth.org. Somehow I ended up with a very bad Win 7 AntiSpyware 2012 virus. I can't use any applications, I can't get on the internet, and I can't open the task manager. I really can't do anything. The virus has stopped showing up too. In safe mode I can get on mozilla but I can't get on the internet. In normal mode, I can get on the internet but I can't get on mozilla. What can I do? Please help :[ There's so little left I can do on the infected pc that I don't know what else to post.

post-32477-1261866970.gif

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

Please do not attach the scan results from Combofx. Use copy/paste.

We don't support illegal downloading of moves / software but it looks like you've learnt your lesson

Try this:

Windows 7 - System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/700-system-restore.html

See Option one.

post-32477-1261866970.gif

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

Please do not attach the scan results from Combofx. Use copy/paste.

We don't support illegal downloading of moves / software but it looks like you've learnt your lesson

Try this:

Windows 7 - System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/700-system-restore.html

See Option one.

I tried to system restore, unfortunately it's a .exe so I can't even open it.

Yeah no more torrenting for me. I really don't like this virus :[

Safe Mode With Networking Method:

Some malware prevents applications from running in normal mode but many of these infections do not run in Safe Mode. The following instructions may be used for removing such infections.

• Restart your computer
  • When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with the boot options menu
  • Select the option for Safe Mode With Networking using the arrow keys
  • Then press Enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode With Networking
  • Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from www.malwarebytes.org
  • Run the installer for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and update it
  • Click on the Scan tab and select the option next to Quick Scan
  • Click on the Scan button
  • Once the scan is complete, remove any threats that are found and restart your computer, this time allowing it to start normally
  • Once Windows has started up, if you are now able, open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and run another Quick Scan to make sure there are no remaining traces of the infection

If that doesn't work try this:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download-standalone-random.php

Safe Mode With Networking Method:

Some malware prevents applications from running in normal mode but many of these infections do not run in Safe Mode. The following instructions may be used for removing such infections.

• Restart your computer
  • When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with the boot options menu
  • Select the option for Safe Mode With Networking using the arrow keys
  • Then press Enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode With Networking
  • Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from www.malwarebytes.org
  • Run the installer for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and update it
  • Click on the Scan tab and select the option next to Quick Scan
  • Click on the Scan button
  • Once the scan is complete, remove any threats that are found and restart your computer, this time allowing it to start normally
  • Once Windows has started up, if you are now able, open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and run another Quick Scan to make sure there are no remaining traces of the infection

If that doesn't work try this:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download-standalone-random.php

Thanks for the replies. I tried everything and it still won't work, though (I'm just going to reformat my computer)

In safe mode (with networking) it can't find the system restore app even when I click from the file location.

The downloads I've tried in safe mode won't run.

Thank you for the help though.

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!