Updating MB

#1- I notice whenever I update my MB, the download file is about 6-7MB, which is quite large. Everytime I download these large files, are they using up the free space on my computer? So that my FREE space is continuously decreasing?

Please advise.

#2- P.S. I have MB 1.51.0.1200. Is that the latest version? If not, how would I get the newest version?

Hi alicez,

Your rules.ref file gets replaced when you download the new database, so that there won't be every time an additional file that takes your space, the used space remains at around 7 MB :)

(Too late :P)

The current version is MB 1.51.0.1800

Settings > Updater Settings > check the box "Download and Install Program Update if available"

Do you have this box checked?

Settings > Updater Settings > check the box "Download and Install Program Update if available"

Thank you so much.

I just now checked it.

#1- Should I always leave it "checked?"

#2- Also, when I do the update, will it over-write the previous version (1.51.0.1200) that I already have installed

Sorry to step in, the current version of MBAM is 1.51.1.1800

#1- It is a great idea to keep it checked. (and highly recommended)

#2- When you upgrade from an earlier version of MBAM it replaces the old file(s) with the new.

Thank you.

Hi alicez,

Your rules.ref file gets replaced when you download the new database, so that there won't be every time an additional file that takes your space, the used space remains at around 7 MB :)

(Too late :P)

Sorry, but what did you mean by the "Too late :P?" at the end of this post?

Sorry to step in, the current version of MBAM is 1.51.1.1800

#1- It is a great idea to keep it checked. (and highly recommended)

#2- When you upgrade from an earlier version of MBAM it replaces the old file(s) with the new.

Thank you.

Thank you kindly.

Sorry, but what did you mean by the "Too late :P?" at the end of this post?

That was because Firefox and me typed at the same time, and my post was just seconds too late and thus redundant :)