Post your desktops!

Bobc11

• Root Admin

Do you have Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice or some other application that can open comma separated value text files so that they're formatted properly?

If so start an elevated Administrator prompt and run the following command. Then open it in Excel or other tool and see what all you have installed.

wmic product get /format:csv > MyInstalledSoftware.csv

Do you have Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice or some other application that can open comma separated value text files so that they're formatted properly?

If so start an elevated Administrator prompt and run the following command. Then open it in Excel or other tool and see what all you have installed.

wmic product get /format:csv > MyInstalledSoftware.csv

I do. :)

Hello gyspygrace

Can I ask a dumb question? Is pining an icon to start menu and then deleting the desktop icon, the same as hiding the icons?

This method is more like relocation of the desktop icons instead of hiding them.

To show or hide desktop icons

Right-click the desktop, point to View, and then click Show Desktop Icons to clear the check mark to hide, recheck Show Desktop Icons to show.

I could post mine.....but then I would have to kill all of you :P

Just show them once. muahahaha ;)

Hello gyspygrace

This method is more like relocation of the desktop icons instead of hiding them.

To show or hide desktop icons

Right-click the desktop, point to View, and then click Show Desktop Icons to clear the check mark to hide, recheck Show Desktop Icons to show.

Thank you for answering my question, sho-dan. I never did discard any to recycle bin, glad I didn't.

I could post mine.....but then I would have to kill all of you :P

Just use The GIMP to make blurry the parts you don't want us to see. Oh, wait, that would be the whole desktop, wouldn't it? :P

Anyway, here's mine. Only deleted a few things that I wouldn't ever need again before I took the screenshot.

post-1983-0-57566000-1313271748.png

Edit: Oh, and BTW, that "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" icon on the desktop that looks like a shortcut to launch MBAM is actually a folder containing a ton of Malwarebytes related stuff. Don't really remember what all is in it (I haven't opened it in a long time).

exile360, you get a thumbs-up for your wallpaper (Beast Wars was most definitely the best Transformers cartoon of all, loved it) and another thumbs-up for the taskbar color (I have a VERY soft spot for dark blue). :)

OK... Here's my desktop. I've shown my tray icons because normally they are hidden. As you can see I like simplicity, and I hate desktop icons. And I mean that I haven't removed the icons for the screenshot, but that I generally have no icons. :) The wallpaper is my own design, based on another wallpaper.

dtop.jpg

Just use The GIMP to make blurry the parts you don't want us to see. Oh, wait, that would be the whole desktop, wouldn't it? :P

Anyway, here's mine. Only deleted a few things that I wouldn't ever need again before I took the screenshot.

[image Removed]

Edit: Oh, and BTW, that "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" icon on the desktop that looks like a shortcut to launch MBAM is actually a folder containing a ton of Malwarebytes related stuff. Don't really remember what all is in it (I haven't opened it in a long time).

what is CAT.EXE