Silent update from script

Guest michaelpronald

Guest michaelpronald

Hey Guys, quick question. We installed Malwarebytes Pro across all our workstations by touching each workstation and a lot of users have called in the weeks following to ask if they can run the updates Malwarebytes is asking for. I configured all the Malwarebytes definition updates to run automatically without a tooltip balloon, but when there's a version update, they have to click through menus and then restart the computer for it to take in effect.

I'm planning on writing the following script, inserting it in GP and running it on start-up:

mbam.exe /update -silent

However, I wanted to know if this will work and whether it only covers definition updates or version updates. If it covers the version updates, I wanted to know if the silent switch still immediately required a restart or just used the user's next restart to finish the installation.

I'm pretty novice at script-writing too, so if there's other things I need to include in the batch file, let me know.

Thanks guys! Can't wait for the enterprise kit!

Hello and :welcome:

All corporate and non-profit sales inquiries can be handled by contacting our corporate sales offices. Our sales team is working hard to respond to all inquiries received as quickly as possible.

Responses that include complete contact information (phone, email, company, address, etc) via our corporate webform below are prioritized:

Fill out the Web Form located Right Here

Please add the domains malwarebytes.org and salesforce.com to any spam filters or junk mail exclusion features in your email client to assure our replies get to you.

Thank you very much!

Guest michaelpronald

Hello and :welcome:

All corporate and non-profit sales inquiries can be handled by contacting our corporate sales offices. Our sales team is working hard to respond to all inquiries received as quickly as possible.

Responses that include complete contact information (phone, email, company, address, etc) via our corporate webform below are prioritized:

Fill out the Web Form located Right Here

Please add the domains malwarebytes.org and salesforce.com to any spam filters or junk mail exclusion features in your email client to assure our replies get to you.

Thank you very much!

We actually have a corporate license for about 125 workstations, I think I failed to mention that, sorry. Do I still need to go through support that way? I was just asking about writing a script to do silent updates.

• Root Admin

Hi there. Yes we do not provide corporate support here on the board in general. Direct corporate support via email is part of what you pay for to have a more direct point of contact.

Please visit this link and contact support via email.

We can answer basic questions here but we won't go into detailed product support for corporate customers here on the public forums.

Please make sure to include your Cleverbridge order reference number so that we can verify your account and assist you quicker.

Thank you.

Guest michaelpronald

Hi there. Yes we do not provide corporate support here on the board in general. Direct corporate support via email is part of what you pay for to have a more direct point of contact.

Please visit this link and contact support via email.

We can answer basic questions here but we won't go into detailed product support for corporate customers here on the public forums.

Please make sure to include your Cleverbridge order reference number so that we can verify your account and assist you quicker.

Thank you.

Okay, sounds good. Thanks!