Can't Update Most Definitions

When I try to use Malwarebytes I receive a message telling me my definitions are 72 days old. I try to update them and I receive the following message:

"An error has occurred. Please report this error to our support team.

PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATING(11004,0,No address found)

The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for."

I uploaded the latest version of Malwarebytes and try to use it and I receive a message telling me the definitions are 33 days old. When I try to update the definitions I again receive the same message:

"An error has occurred. Please report this error to our support team.

PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATING(11004,0,No address found)

The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for."

What should I do next?

Edited by TeMerc
Removed email address

Welcome to the forums Bizman :)

To solve this issue, please refer to section N of the FAQ.

Please let us know if this resolves your problem.

(Could a mod please remove the email address? EDIT: Thank you TeMerc :))

I'm sure that someone from the staff will soon chime in to help you further and answer your questions. :)

In the upper right corner of the forum page, where you see your name, click on the little arrow to the right of it. This will open a drop-down list. Select "Messenger".

Let us know if you need more help with that :)

Hello Bizman,

Sounds like your router is compromised. Please follow the directions in the FAQ section N HERE. To reset your router to factory settings.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello tomharding,

We appreciate your suggestion.

The error code is flagged when MBAM cannot find the address to update differentiating the error code will be hard because the cause can be a multiple of reasons. The FAQ is used for the most frequent fix. Other issues can be diagnosed on a per-case basis.

Thank you. :)