Blue Screen of Death

Comprev

Hello,

I'm writing this post from my computer in Safe Mode with Networking. After I logged onto my computer I saw the regular desktop, then a Blue Screen of Death with the error code 0x00000000F4 (I couldn't get it down as it was only up for a few seconds, then the computer would automatically get restarted). The screen told me to make sure that all software and hardware items were properly installed. All the other times I tried to start normally the Blue Screen appeared before the desktop showed.

Help me please!

• Staff

Turn off forced restart after system failure when Windows won't boot:

• Restart your computer.
  • When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with the Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Note: In Vista and Windows 7 it is called Advanced Boot Options
  • Select the option that says Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure using the arrow keys on your keyboard and press Enter

That will allow you to have time to see the error code etc.

• Staff

It depends on the system, but you'll see a message after you first power on the machine telling you which key to press to enter setup. Usually it's Delete or F2. Once there, look for any settings having to do with boot order.

Aside from that, you can also try a repair install. It may fix the issue. Details on how to perform a repair install can be found on this page.

Here's a list of things to try for common BSOD issues. :)

• Make sure your hardware drivers are up to date.
  • Check that your security software are excluded from each other.
  • Hardware cables/connectors are inserted properly.
  • Uninstall/Reinstall your software to see if any differences.