the kmPlayer

tito335

guys i tried to uninstall The kmPlayer as psi states it was unsecure and i really never used it

but first i tried to update it but it was so difficult to use

so i decided to uninstall it

so i hit start > the kmPlayer> uninstall

but the wiered thing that it was publisher unverified but it was done successfully

but after a while i found the kmplayer icon on the tray (it seems that it was running because i opened it 1st)

and i went to c/program files> and found the kmplayer folder with the program icon in it.

then i tried to restart and then the kmplayer was preventing windows to shut down so i had to force shut down.

(note that secunia psi was just installed b4 i restart so did this force shut down affect psi ) as it told me u may lose any unsaved progress.

should i delete the folder or what ?

tell me what to do in order to completely remove it.

thanks

• Root Admin

Actually I really like The KMPlayer myself but if you want to remove it my suggestion would be to download a clean installer from here: KMPlayer 3.0.0.1441 at Filehippo.com

Then re-install the program and reboot. Then go into your control panel, programs and uninstall it again and when done reboot again. That should hopefully properly uninstall it.

Hi advanced setup

it seems that uninstalling kmplayer needs a cleaner tool or something

as i saw a folder which was created at documents

so here what i did i went to program files and shift delete on the kmplayer folder and then confirmed uac (admistrator rights)

then at documents and also deleted the kmplayer folder.

is this good enough or should i redownload ,reinstall then uninstall

windows7 ultimate 32 bit

• Root Admin

You should really never try to uninstall a program on Windows using that method unless it is a very last resort. That leaves behind a ton of files and registry entries for most applications.

Yes, I would highly suggest downloading the program again and installing it. Reboot, then go into your Control Panel to uninstall it.

You can also view this video from Microsoft on how to Uninstall or change a program

Thanks

You should really never try to uninstall a program on Windows using that method unless it is a very last resort. That leaves behind a ton of files and registry entries for most applications.

Advanced setup it seems that there is a small misunderstanding here

as i already uninstalled it from the start menu>kmplayer>uninstall

and it finished successfully

but it seems that there are some remains which i already deleted it manually

at the program files folder and documents

and i never uninstall a program by just deletig it from the program files.

i also rescaned psi and program kmplayer vanished.

well i guess if i redownload and reinstall kmplayer the same issue will appear as it seems that the uninstall wizard of kmplayer doesn't 100% remove it so again i had to remove manually all documents and some other files related to kmplayer

please correct me if i was wrong. :)

Thanks

never mind :)

but just i want to let you know that even after the uninstall wizard continued and finished successfully

the tray icon of kmplayer was in the system tray but vanished when i rebooted system.

and i found the kmplayer folder in the program files folder

and it contain only one file (kmplayer icon) or call it (the application file).

so i deleted that folder manually and confirmed with admistrator rights (uac)

so is this fine as well or not?