ID Posts Solved by PM

ksiemb

I enjoy this Forum, and have learned a lot about some problem resolutions. That being said, I also get quite perturbed, when I spend time reading completely through threads of interest, which end with "Check your PM and follow directions" , or something similar.

Is there a way the Moderators can mark posts, resolved in this fashion, to notify other users of the PM resolution ?

I understand the sensitivity of data or files used to resolve certain problems, and the reasons for the PM !

Usually they do, so often when you find a thread with no response stating that it has been resolved, it is because the issue either was not resolved yet, or the user/helper simply forgot to respond stating that the issue is now resolved.

I didn't mean, within the thread. I mean, when you first look at the topics in the forum, like a certain color of the post, eg, So I know not to spend time reading the post at all, because it has been handled via PM to the user.

Is there a way the Moderators can mark posts, resolved in this fashion, to notify other users of the PM resolution ?

Yes and no. It would take some tweaking of the forum skin to add something like that, but it is technically possible. The actual thread title could be changed as well to indicate something like that.