Recent Slow Upload Speeds

Cooper81

For the past couple months the upload speeds on my wireless network have plummeted. It has been fine for 5 years. I can't think of any changes other than a new PC here and there (not 2 months ago). The cable modem and wireless router haven't changed, nor the service provider. I get 7.33Mbps download speeds but errors on an upload speed test.

I use Malwarebytes (free) and Avira (free) religiously. I can't recall a single issue discovered on this PC with either of those scanners. I also tried SUPERantispyware and nothing was detected. I tried HijackThis and don't know what to do with that after a scan. This issue is also affecting my wife's PC, who needs the internet to work from home. However, her IT department has her PC on lock-down, so I doubt I can do any scanning or installing on hers at all. I can temporarily keep it off the network if needed.

I can't help but think there's a bug involved, and I don't have the knowledge myself to find out. What do you guys recommend to get this resolved?

Thanks in advance...

Cooper

I tried HijackThis and don't know what to do with that after a scan.

First ; Please do not try to do anything with HJThis unless an expert instructs you to -

Next ; Have you contacted your ISP (Internet Provider) to see if there have been changes to your connection -

If this is only recent, there may have been changes to the connection that have caused this-

You can also post to our http://forums.malwar...?showtopic=9573 <<-Malware Removal area (please follow the links at the top of that area) -

The Experts can check, and diagnose the requested logs if you follow the advice given -

Thanks, noknojon. I should have mentioned when I bypass the wireless router and use RJ45 only, up and downloads are as expected.

I've only scanned with HojackThis... nothing more. I was hoping someone here could guide me. I wasn't sure if I should make a post in the malware removal area with little evidence of malware.

Is there anything I can do to check the wireless router? It's a Linksys WRT54G v5 and several years old... do they just go bad? It has the latest version of firmware, 1.02.8.

Thanks, noknojon. I should have mentioned when I bypass the wireless router and use RJ45 only, up and downloads are as expected.

I've only scanned with HojackThis... nothing more. I was hoping someone here could guide me. I wasn't sure if I should make a post in the malware removal area with little evidence of malware.

Is there anything I can do to check the wireless router? It's a Linksys WRT54G v5 and several years old... do they just go bad? It has the latest version of firmware, 1.02.8.

Have you tried resetting your router to factory default?