Subscription Question

Forgive my ignorance, but I “thought” when you purchased a license for Malwarebytes that it was just a onetime investment, or that is what I have been telling our Clients for the last couple of years as a reseller. I went to purchase a couple of licenses this morning and it wanted me to check a box for reoccurring billing. Am I confused? (Well, obviously I am or I wouldn’t be posting).

Thanks in advance for the insight.

Hi, there:

Lifetime licenses are for home users for the "consumer"; they are 1 license per computer, but are transferable from machine to machine, & valid for a lifetime.

EDIT: Incorrect information removed.

Thanks, Shadowwar.

Sorry for the confusion and misunderstanding, ComputerDavePC.

daledoc1

• Staff

As far as i know If you are an approved reseller Then the licenses you sell should be lifetime unless used in a business environment. Home users are the only ones that are lifetime.

I am not sure about the recurring billing part you saw but will have a person reply here that can explain better. Did you see this in your approved reseller login?

Just so you know. Staff has banners under the names. We have helpful people in the forums but they do not represent companies views and just try to help out.

I apologize, that last post was a little abrasive. I’m just discouraged. Yes, when I try to purchase via the reseller login, the only option that I have is to put a checkmark in a box requesting reoccurring billing. So, I purchase a license on behalf of my Client. I collect monies from my Client for said product. Then Malwarebytes wants to charge me each year for their purchase. It just doesn’t make sense. If I sell (hypothetically) 10 of these a month, I be billed $1678.88 the next year. Then we’ll have to hire someone to collect from the Client. The amount collected (profit wise) wouldn’t pay for the additional Staff.

As far as i know If you are an approved reseller Then the licenses you sell should be lifetime unless used in a business environment. Home users are the only ones that are lifetime.

I am not sure about the recurring billing part you saw but will have a person reply here that can explain better. Did you see this in your approved reseller login?

Just so you know. Staff has banners under the names. We have helpful people in the forums but they do not represent companies views and just try to help out.

I am a reseller with the same problem. Up until recently, I have been able to purchase consumer (Home) licenses thru my reseller account that were one-time charges. But now when I login to my reseller account, it only lets me select a 1-year subscription license for a corporate license. My customers are 99.9% home users and I would like to get the home user license option back. What is the status of this issue? Thanks, Allan Edmonds, Computer Medics of Lanier.

I think I found the solution. A while back (some months ago), the reseller login on the "purchase" page disappeared and I had to start logging in from the reseller login on the malwarebytes.org page. This type of login is apparently now defaulting to a corporate license. However, the "purchase" page now has the reseller login link again, and it let me get a home license, so I am back in business, at least until it changes again.....

• 3 weeks later...

I think you are correct. For what it's worth, here's the link that the Support Team game me, that I have verified works just fine.

Thank all of you for your help. It is much appreciated!

David

I think I found the solution. A while back (some months ago), the reseller login on the "purchase" page disappeared and I had to start logging in from the reseller login on the malwarebytes.org page. This type of login is apparently now defaulting to a corporate license. However, the "purchase" page now has the reseller login link again, and it let me get a home license, so I am back in business, at least until it changes again.....

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Link removed. These are customized links - not to be shared