one question about mbam pro and mbam free

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there's any chance that mbam pro scans faster than mbam free. I'm probably asking a silly question. There's no reason to ask. I'm just curious.

I don't think so.

The major difference between the versions is real-time protection and IP blocking, which is only available in PRO (plus some minor features).

I am pretty sure the scanning engine would be the same for both versions.

I'm sure one of the more expert members and/or someone from MBAM will correct me if I am wrong. :)

Cheers,

daledoc1

Both versions ? I thought there was only one, and buy purchasing, you unlocked features in the ONE version.

It's simply a matter of perspective. It is one software, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and registering it does indeed unlock additional features, but I myself consider that to be "turning the Free version into the PRO version", so in that sense, I consider it to be two different versions (due to the differing feature sets). That being said, you are technically correct, the actual software/executables etc. are one and the same, so it's a matter of semantics and perspective really :).