MB won't run, tried everything in FAQ

Hello,

I can't run malwarebytes. I've spent hours trying to fix (almost a whole day) tried all the things in the FAQ section including re installing and renaming the setup and .exe file. I've tried setting up a new user and doing a run as. I've run my AVG anti virus and it picked nothing up. I've run windows malicious software removal scan thingy and it picked nothing up. I really want to run Malwarebytes to find out why my computer is so slow but can't run it at all even after trying all the most common fixes.

If anyone can help me fix it so it runs I would be very grateful, I need to get back to running my business, I've spent hours trying to run it.

Thanks

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, ausworkshop:

I am very sorry for the late reply - it appears that your post here might have been inadvertently overlooked. :(

(And I noticed that you also have 2 topics started at the malware removal forum.)

I'm also sorry that you've had no luck getting your infected computer cleaned -- it can be a daunting and frustrating job!

From your description, it appears that this is a business computer, right?

These forums are designated for assistance of home users (like myself - I am not an MBAM staffer).

So, I could be wrong, but I think that, as a business user, you will probably need to please contact business support for malware removal assistance -- the MBAM engineers will provide you with direct, one-on-one help.

As it has been several days since your original post, I have sent a PM directly to a board administrator asking for assistance on your behalf.

In the interim, you may reach corporate support directly by email to corporate-support@malwarebytes.org; please be sure to include full contact details along with your Reference # when you do, in order to ensure that you receive prompt assistance.

And, if you want to continue to troubleshoot a bit more, there is some excellent, self-help troubleshooting info for getting MBAM to run on an infected machine here.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

Once again, I apologize for the delay in replying and I hope this helps to get you started on the cleanup,

daledoc1

I managed to get it working (not sure how) and have been running the trial version of MB. Its been picking up threats and outgoing IP's over the past few weeks. My computer is still running slow and I have posted a new post with all the required log files attached. I'm hoping to get a reply soon, it seems my first post has had many views but no reply. It is a home machine, I am a one man business and I run my business from home. I have another computer out in the workshop and its running fine at the moment, its a very old machine and it runs faster than this one and this one cost 4 times as much so I'm hoping to get it secure and up to speed again.

Please read my 2 newer posts if you can help me. It would be a great help if you could. I've spent hours trying to fix this thing and don't really want to have to start all over again with corporate support unless I have to, what do you mean by reference #?

Thanks for your time.

Hi, ausworkshop:

Sounds as if you have made some progress.

I need to defer to the MBAM folks about the "business" versus "home" issue. :)

Since your original post was overlooked for so long, I am confident that the very kind and reasonable MBAM folks will get you the help you need ASAP, one way or the other. :)

As far as the malware removal board, I am just a home user.

So, I am neither qualified nor permitted to reply or assist there.

Many of the expert helpers are volunteers, so it can take up to 48 hours for someone to become available to help you.

Please be patient.

In the interim, please do not start additional topics there (cross-post) and please do not reply to your own threads there -- doing so can make it look as if you are already being helped, and that can cause your topic to be overlooked.

If you are really crunched for time, there is another option, although it is fee-based:

If you would like to use the Malwarebytes Premium Services (Comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs -- from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups), please go to the Malwarebytes Premium Services support site.

I know you are anxious to get your computer cleaned and back in running order -- someone will assist you as soon as possible!

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!

daledoc1