MalwareBytes' AntiMalware Free Edition

Last month I bought Trend-Micro Titanium Internet Security 2011 cd. Prior to installation Trend Micro, MBAM was installed in my laptop and Trend Micro detected that it will cause conflict with MBAM, so i had to let Trend Micro uninstall MBAM! Why is this so, because other antivirus software don't even cause conflict with MBAM. Can you please fix this issue. Thanks.

Oh by the way I am new here :)

Hi Staticguy,

Welcome to the Malwarebytes Forum :)

You can set exclusions for MBAM in Trend Micro to help resolve the conflict.

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Trend Micro on 32 bit Windows Versions:

• Open Trend Micro and click on the Settings button at the bottom of the main menu (looks like a small cog/wheel).
  • Click on Exception List from the list on the side panel, and then select Programs/Folders.
  • Add the following items.
    • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • C:\Windows\System 32\Drivers\mbam.sys
    • C:\Windows\System 32\Drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

[*]Once that is complete, click the apply button.

[*]Now click on websites and click the add button and then add the Malwarebytes update domain.

• data-cdn.mbamupdates.org

[*]Click the Apply button and then Restart the computer.

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Trend Micro on 64 bit Windows Versions:

• Open Trend Micro and click on the Settings button at the bottom of the main menu (looks like a small cog/wheel).
  • Click on Exception List from the list on the side panel, and then select Programs/Folders.
  • Add the following items.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • C:\Windows\System 32\Drivers\mbam.sys
    • C:\Windows\System 32\Drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

[*]Once that is complete, click the apply button.

[*]Now click on websites and click the add button and then add the Malwarebytes update domain.

• data-cdn.mbamupdates.org

[*]Click the Apply button and then Restart the computer.

Set Exclusions for Trend Micro in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

• Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Click the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on Trend Micro and click OK.
    Note: For 64 bit Windows versions this will be C:\Program Files (x86)
  • Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Let me know if this helps to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Thanks for the great help :)

In Trend Micro forum, i read that Trend Micro and MBAM uses the same functionality as the Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security. They both have the same antivirus and antispyware protection and would be redundant to have both programs installed.

I didn't know this until i went to trend micro forum! Is it still neccessary for me to install MBAM

You're welcome :)

I didn't know this until i went to trend micro forum! Is it still neccessary for me to install MBAM

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is an extra layer of protection that can be used along side antivirus software. We target threats that traditional antivirus applications aren't good at catching.