malwarebytes freezing

Hello and :welcome:

Please provide following details, so that someone may be able to assist you:

• What is your current version of windows (XP, Vista, or Win7)?
  • Is your windows OS 32-bit or 64-bit?
  • What is your OS Service Pack?
  • What version (if any) of MBAM are you running (current is 1.51.1.1800) and is it the Free or Pro version?
  • What MBAM database version do you have now (current is 7376)?
  • What brand and version of antivirus software do you have?
  • Has your computer been infected recently, or is it currently showing any other abnormal behavior (browser redirects, IP blocks, etc.) to suggest an infection?

Windows7/avira free edition/mwb free edition, sorry but im not sure if its 32/64bit its my sons laptop and im not very clever with these things ( although he thinks i am ). i believe he`s had this problem for a while but when it started i could not say. When i run a quick scan with avira it takes forever because it sticks at the system32 part although it does get past eventualy. hope this helps.

• Root Admin

Please try doing a full disk check.

How to Run Check Disk at Startup in Vista or Windows 7

Then as long as you're not having any obvious malware issues run the following and then try your scan again.

If you are having some type of malware issue please do not run the cleaner below.

Please use TFC to clear temporary files:

Run TFC by OldTimer to clear temporary files:

• Please download TFC from here or here and save it to your desktop.
  • Close any open programs and Internet browsers.
  • Double click TFC.exe to run it and once it opens click on the Start button on the lower left of the program to allow it to begin cleaning.
  • Please be patient as clearing out temp files may take a while.
  • Once it completes you may be prompted to restart your computer, please do so.
  • Once it's finished you may delete TFC.exe from your desktop or save it for later use for the cleaning of temporary files.