MBAM-n-Antivir

does anyone know if it is OK to run MBAM, in realtime, along with "antivir premium 10", with its "webguard" feature?

i would like to try running MBAM in realtime but i have always been concerned that MBAM, with its IP address-blocking feature, might conflict with antivir's "webguard".. having MBAM running, with its IP address-blocking feature, along with antivir's webguard, along with whatever else, might be too much for my computer, messing up its "networking"..

i am running win xpsp3, "system safety monitor", the "windows firewall", the "CHXI" packet-filter, and "antivir premium 10"..

so, i have got antivir's "webguard" hooked into my computer's "networking".. "system safety monitor" is hooked into it.. the CHXI packet-filter is hooked into it.. with MBAM running in realtime, i guess it would be hooked into it too..

Hello redwolfe_98:

MBAM PRO is an excellent partner to Avira's AntiVir Personal and I run them on a XP Pro system of mine. You will probably want to set the following exclusions:

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Avira on 32 bit Windows Versions:

1. Open Avira and click on Local Protection on the left
  2. Click on Guard
  3. Click on Configuration on the upper right
  4. Click the checkbox next to Expert mode on the upper left so that it is checked
  5. Under Guard, click the + next to Scan to expand the list
  6. Click on Exceptions
  7. Under Processes to be omitted by the Guard click the ... button next to the blank white box
  8. In the browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  9. Double-click on mbam.exe then click the Add button
  10. Repeat steps 7-9 for the following files:
    • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
    • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

[*]Click on Apply

[*]Close Avira's window

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Avira on 64 bit Windows Versions:

1. Open Avira and click on Local Protection on the left
  2. Click on Guard
  3. Click on Configuration on the upper right
  4. Click the checkbox next to Expert mode on the upper left so that it is checked
  5. Under Guard, click the + next to Scan to expand the list
  6. Click on Exceptions
  7. Under Processes to be omitted by the Guard click the ... button next to the blank white box
  8. In the browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  9. Double-click on mbam.exe then click the Add button
  10. Repeat steps 7-9 for the following files:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

[*]Click on Apply

[*]Close Avira's window

Set Exclusions for Avira in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

• Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Click the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on Avira and click OK
  • Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Thanks to exile360.

Many would suggest you improve your personal firewall with an outstanding 3rd party application.

HTH :)