Script questions

I want to have a shutdown script that will run the following:

#MB update
"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /update -silent

#MB scan
"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /scan -quick -silent -remove -reboot

However i get the prog_Error_not_reg error. I know this is because im on the free version.

Is there no way to run a free unattended update/scan on shutdown? Also is there a list somewhere of switches that can be used on free? It seems -silent and -remove are pro only.

Also any intentions of adding -silent or -remove to the free version in the near future? Without the two switches seems kind of pointless having any but i can understand the reasons you havent. Just dont want to look at other similar but inferior programs, to find you guys added it shortly after :P

• Staff

I want to have a shutdown script that will run the following:

#MB update
"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /update -silent

#MB scan
"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /scan -quick -silent -remove -reboot

However i get the prog_Error_not_reg error. I know this is because im on the free version.

Correct.

Is there no way to run a free unattended update/scan on shutdown? Also is there a list somewhere of switches that can be used on free? It seems -silent and -remove are pro only.

No, at least not through our switches. This is intentional as such automation is reserved for the Scheduler in the PRO version (and can also of course be used from the command line with the PRO version).

Also any intentions of adding -silent or -remove to the free version in the near future? Without the two switches seems kind of pointless having any but i can understand the reasons you havent. Just dont want to look at other similar but inferior programs, to find you guys added it shortly after :P

No, we have determined that such features are worth paying for as it's more a matter of convenience to our PRO users than a necessity (though scheduling updates is certainly more important for PRO users than it is for Free users since PRO users need to keep the active protection up to date).

That being said, we intend to keep the Free version very robust as it is now, with unlimited free scanning, updating and removal of an unlimited number of threats, no strings attached. Also, if you are considering the PRO version, please feel free to try out the free trial, which is accessible in the Protection tab by clicking the Start Trial button (assuming you've not used the trial already). It may help you to decide whether or not the PRO version is for you once you see all the powerful features it has to offer :).