MBAM & ESET Smart Security

I read that MBAM works well with others. I have ESET Smart Security 4.2.71.2. How good does MBAM work with it? Does any one else have it and are there any problems with the two? How should I set both of them up, I know you're only suppose to have one scanner that's why I ask. Is there a trial for the PRO version, if so is it fully functional and how long is it valid for?

Thanks,

Doug

We have plenty of folks that use this combination and they work good together. On some computers you have to enter exceptions for Malwarebytes to avoid any slow downs or lockups.

To add exclusions to Est Anti-Virus

This Item<--- was sent from a moderator at the Est A/V forum to show how to add the exclusions required -

Welcome to the forums DougBar,

Set the following exclusions in ESET Smart Security before you enable the trial for the PRO version:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes [Folder] OR x64 OS (C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes)
  • C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys OR on x64 OS (C:\Windows\syswow6432\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys)

For MBAM, add the ESET folder to the Ignore List.

Yes, you can enable the trial for the PRO version, which will last 2 weeks. After that MBAM will revert to the free version automatically.