WELL, I REALLY NEED TO KNOW....

Guest claudiubotezatu

Guest claudiubotezatu

Hi,

I am using MBAM and Avira AntiVir both with real time protection (paid version for MBAM and Premium version for AntVir).

While I did not notice any major conflict between MBAM and AntiVir , I did not notice either any activity from MBAM which would sugest real time protection...

I have a colection of few thousand malware (downloaded from internet) and I tested the behavior of my system ; every time AntiVir would pop-up first blocking any malware without any reaction from MBAM.

I know that MBAM is very good in scanning the systems, detecting sometimes what AV just missed, however I need a proof (any proof) that MBAM is doing its job in real time protection. :)

Can you, please, give me a link or someting where I can find a malware which would be detectable in real time by MBAM ( and not by AV)??

Thanks,

Claudiu

Toronto,Canada

We do not add malware to the database that does not have a live point of infection. Adding dead malware to the database takes time away from adding live malware that is actually infecting peoples' computers. It's quite possible that much of your malware collection is not in our database.

As far as the link, I will PM it to you. We do not want malware links floating around the public sections of the forum.

Guest claudiubotezatu
We do not add malware to the database that does not have a live point of infection. Adding dead malware to the database takes time away from adding live malware that is actually infecting peoples' computers. It's quite possible that much of your malware collection is not in our database.

As far as the link, I will PM it to you. We do not want malware links floating around the public sections of the forum.

Hi,

Than you for the link;all malwares submited were detected by my antivirus (AntiVir Premium). MBAM claims that can detect malwares that cannot be detectetd by today's AV's, so I looking for 1(one) malware that MBAM will detect it and AntiVir Premium not.

Please understand, the reason of my request is to evaluate if is necessary to run both MBAM and AntiVir Premium in real time.

Thanks,

Claudiu

Toronto,Canada

Please understand, the reason of my request is to evaluate if is necessary to run both MBAM and AntiVir Premium in real time.

OK, I'll go search for some current links. And I'll be sure to give them to Bruce as well, just in case the malware they install isn't already in our database.