PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATING(12163, 0, IsInternetConnected)

@ unbob:

Not wishing to jump in on this (as Exile360 is the expert, and I'm just a home user), but there is a place in the MBAM user interface to set proxy settings.

Open the main UI > settings > updater settings > check the box for "use proxy....".

The first time you do this, you'll need to enter the settings manually, but they will be saved.

When you next need to update while running your VPN, just go in and check the box.

Uncheck it when you are done using your VPN (e.g. when you return to your home network).

I'm sure Exile360 will have a much more expert explanation & will correct me if I misspoke, but this is what works for me. :)

HTH,

daledoc1

... but there is a place in the MBAM user interface to set proxy settings.

Open the main UI > settings > updater settings > check the box for "use proxy....".

The first time you do this, you'll need to enter the settings manually, but they will be saved.

When you next need to update while running your VPN, just go in and check the box.

Uncheck it when you are done using your VPN (e.g. when you return to your home network).

Thanks for the reply. That solution does not work. I get the same error message. I'm assuming it's because the VPN is not actually a proxy (unsure if that's actually true).

So, I'm still unable to update the MBAM DB while connected via VPN.

I should add that I'm unable to search this forum for 'VPN' since it's less than 4 characters (huh???). Therefore, I have no idea if there are any meaningful posts relating to my problem!

If anyone knows of any discussion relating to using MBAM Pro while connected to a VPN I'd love to have a link!

• Root Admin

It needs port 80 open for TCP

You can also look in the help file for the following method of using a proxy.

/proxy <required server> <optional port> <optional username> <optional password>: allows the user to update through a proxy server. Leave blank to remove any proxy settings previously set.

Examples:

mbam.exe /proxy will remove the proxy settings.

mbam.exe /proxy proxy.com 80 will use proxy.com on port 80 with no credentials.

mbam.exe /proxy proxy.com 80 admin password will use proxy.com with the specified credentials.

Greetings and welcome :)

Installing the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (1.51.1.1800), available here should resolve the issue.

Please let me know if it does not.

Just a correction to my earlier post stating that MBAM v1.51.1.1800 did not solve my problem - that was true before I re-booted my system - after re-booting it now works fine! Thanks for your assistance.