runtime error & progam error messages

When I logged on this morning this message was on my desktop

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the runtime to terminate in a unusual way.

Please contact the applications support team for more information.

when I tried to open malwarebytes this popped up

Program-_error_load_database -2146893820,-214689230,createSDK

bad length

Hello ncgal22:

Please try a MBAM clean re-install by doing the following:

• Download and run the latest mbam-clean.exe.
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so - VERY IMPORTANT.
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here.
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license within the boxed version or were sent via email if using the PRO version.
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the PRO version. Now setup any process/folder/file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Please let us know how it goes.

HTH :)

Hello ncgal22:

Please try a MBAM clean re-install by doing the following:

• Download and run the latest mbam-clean.exe.
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so - VERY IMPORTANT.
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here.
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license within the boxed version or were sent via email if using the PRO version.
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the PRO version. Now setup any process/folder/file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Please let us know how it goes.

HTH :)

I JUST DID THIS YESTERDAY IN RESPONSE TO A DIFFERENT ERROR MESSAGE. SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT IF i HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN

Yesterday I had this message

Cant start malwarebytes error message; mbam_error_load_database(0,0)

I followed all these instructions that guded me thru a clean install

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=90759&st=0&p=458660&fromsearch=1entry458660

When I logged on this morning this message was on my desktop

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Please contact the applications support team for more information.

When I tried to open Malwarebytes this popped up

Program-_error_load_database -2146893820,-214689230, createSDK

bad length

WHAT IS GOING ON?

Hello ncgal22:

Please download Oldtimer's latest OTL.exe to your Desktop.

To Download/Run OTL:

• Download the most recent OTL.exe from
here.
Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
OTL should now start. Change only the following settings:

Change Drivers to:
All

Change Standard Registry to:
All

Under File Scans, check that
File Age
is

Click the
Run Scan
button. Do not change any other settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan shouldn't take long.

When the scan completes, it will open two Notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt (first run only). These are saved in the same location as OTL.exe
Please attach these 2 files in your next reply.

Please use the Add-Reply.png button instead of other ones when you start replying. :)

Please remain in the same topic for the best outcome. Those trying to help you may not always look for all your previous posts. I'm sorry you are still having trouble.

Thank you for your continued patience. :)

Hello ncgall22 :)

Do you have both AVG 9 and Avira antivirus installed? If so, you need to remove one of them, you should only use 1 antivirus application, otherwise they are likely to conflict with one another, which can actually reduce the security of your computer.

For the issue with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, please do the following:

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows XP:

• Click Start and select My Computer
  • Click the Tools item from the menu at the top of the window (if you don't see Tools press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will appear)
  • Select Folder Options
  • Click the View tab and make sure Show hidden files and folders is selected under Hidden files and folders
  • Next, uncheck the box next to Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
  • Then, uncheck the box next to Hide extensions for known filetypes
  • Click Apply then click OK

Then go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and delete rules.ref. Once you've done that, start MBAM and when it shows the error and asks to update, let it do so and see if that corrects it.

Reset Hidden Files and Folders in Windows XP:

• Click the Tools item from the menu at the top of the window (if you don't see Tools press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will appear)
  • Select Folder Options
  • Click the View tab and make sure Do not show hidden files and folders is selected under Hidden files and folders
  • Next, check the box next to Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
  • Then, check the box next to Hide extensions for known filetypes

Please let me know if the issue is now resolved or not.

Alright, that means it isn't creating its Application Data folder as it should be. I suspect it may be a file/folder permissions issue.

Please do the following:

Note: Only attempt this if you are running an English installation of Windows XP as this tool has NOT been tested on Windows Vista or Windows 7 or on non-English installations of Windows:

Reset Default Permissions:

• Please download ResetDefaultPerms by AdvancedSetup from here and save it to your desktop
  • Close any open programs and save anything you were working on
  • Double click on restoredefaultperms.exe to run it
  • Once it completes it will restart your computer

Once that is complete, download and install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here (no need to remove your existing copy, just install it over the top of the existing version) and reboot if prompted to do so, then verify that the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes folder now exists, let me know if it does not.

Hello ncgall22 :)

Do you have both AVG 9 and Avira antivirus installed? If so, you need to remove one of them, you should only use 1 antivirus application, otherwise they are likely to conflict with one another, which can actually reduce the security of your computer.

For the issue with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, please do the following:

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows XP:

• Select Folder Options
  • Click the View tab and make sure Show hidden files and folders is selected under Hidden files and folders
  • Next, uncheck the box next to Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
  • Then, uncheck the box next to Hide extensions for known filetypes

Then go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and delete rules.ref. Once you've done that, start MBAM and when it shows the error and asks to update, let it do so and see if that corrects it.

Reset Hidden Files and Folders in Windows XP:

• Select Folder Options
  • Click the View tab and make sure Do not show hidden files and folders is selected under Hidden files and folders
  • Next, check the box next to Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
  • Then, check the box next to Hide extensions for known filetypes

Please let me know if the issue is now resolved or not.

I unistalled AVG

I followed your instructions when I got to application data folders Malwarebytes is not there... Now what? :o

its not on my destop tray either

From your logs it appears to me that your drive might be full, if this is true, this might be the reason why you can't install it properly.

Could you double check how much space you have left by opening Windows Explorer, right clicking on your drive C: and view its properties?

EDIT:

Oops, sorry, didn't want to interfere :unsure:

Edited by Mystery

From your logs it appears to me that your drive might be full, if this is true, this might be the reason why you can't install it properly.

Could you double check how much space you have left by opening Windows Explorer, right clicking on your drive C: and view its properties?

EDIT:

No problem, you might be right, nice catch :).

EDIT:

You are right disc is almost full. This is my backup PC. Using this because my main PC is possesed. I think there is a virus or malware. Cursor moves by itself..and scoll jumps pages all over... Shut it down a few days ago. I need to post a thread on how to check that one in safe mode....Anyway for this one should I check box compress DRIVE TO SAVE DISC SPACE?

thanks! :D

You should follow the instructions under Step 2: Delete Temp Files to Free Up Space: in this post, that should help to clear up some space.

You should also run the appropriate AVG Remover for the version of AVG that you had installed (you will want an x86 version because your computer is 32 bit).

Beyond that, you can uninstall any programs that you have installed that you no longer need or use and you can delete any personal files (videos, pictures, music etc.) that you no longer wish to keep.