A similar Google Redirect issue to an open case

I have attempted to manage a similar problem to the one reported by machismart in this very recent thread:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=90611

I think that this forum's etiquette suggests that I start a separate thread rather than piggybacking my results onto his. :) That said, I followed the requests from LDTate to use ADF Cleaner, followed by GooredFix, and then TDSSKiller. (These were all after Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware scanned and found nothing.)

ADF Cleaner scrubbed everything as it presumably should do.

GooredFix seems to have taken care of the issue. Copy-n-pasting from the log, it reads as follows:

GooredFix by jpshortstuff (03.07.10.1)

Log created at 19:47 on 27/07/2011 (Owner)

Firefox version 3.6.18 (en-US)

========== GooredScan ==========

Deleting "C:\Users\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\32pwaxps.default\extensions\{ec8a486d-4e27-4afc-9299-b8823b95f257}" -> Success!

========== GooredLog ==========

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\

{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} [02:00 18/11/2009]

{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0017-ABCDEFFEDCBA} [10:58 22/02/2010]

{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0019-ABCDEFFEDCBA} [19:13 06/04/2010]

C:\Users\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\32pwaxps.default\extensions\

(none)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions]

"smartwebprinting@hp.com"="C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\MozillaAddOn3" [20:33 17/08/2009]

-=E.O.F=-

TDSSKiller then found nothing at all.

To test whether Google was working without redirects again, I searched something which was already on the screen (TDSSKiller log :) )

and then randomly opened fifteen results across six pages of results in new tabs. Everything opened correctly, without any redirects.

Thanks very much for your directions to machismart, Mr. Tate. I hope the problem is resolved. Is there anything else that I should do, or can I try to pull up any add'l information to help you guys with your knowledge base? I'll pop back by this forum in case more is needed.

Kind regards,

Grant

• Staff

Hi Grant,

Glad to hear you resolved the issue! I'm not LDTate but he's great. :D

Let's check for leftovers:

Next, please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner

Note: You will need to use Internet Explorer for this scan.

1. Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  2. Click Start
  3. When asked, allow the ActiveX control to install
  4. Click Start
  5. Make sure that the options Remove found threats and the option Scan unwanted applications is checked
  6. Click Scan
    Wait for the scan to finish
  7. Use Notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
  8. Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic

Next, download my Security Check from here or here.

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

Let me know how things are running now and what issues remain.

-screen317

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!