Installed MWB to take care of Windows XP 2012 Virus; now entire screen is blue. HELP!

My desktop got the Windows XP 2012 Virus. From my laptop I found sites that told me to get Malwarebytes to get rid of it. I downloaded the free version (from safe mode with networking) and did a full scan. It said there were 6 viruses (as I recall, 4 of them began with the word hype or hite or something like that). It cleaned them in a matter of seconds then told me to restart the computer. I did that, but then the whole screen came up blue and the 2010 virus came back up. Now all I have is a blue screen. I even tried restarting it and pressing F8 to get it into safe mode but it just has the blue screen and the occasional popup of the 2012 virus screens. Also, when I cut it off (with the power button as there is no other way to cut it off), very briefly the "preparing to shut down" screen shows up before the computer shuts off. Do I now have to take it to a computer store and pay $150.00 to have someone fix my computer?

Please remember that I can see nothing on the desktop so any links can't be accessed. I have email on my laptop so I can read responses, but... ugh!!! I hate computer problems... Also, please use simple language as I don't know all the technical terms about computers! If you can help me, you are a genuis! Thanks in advance. -donna

• Staff

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

Please update MBAM, run a Quick Scan, and post its log.

Next, download DDS by sUBs and save it to your Desktop.

Double-click on the DDS icon and let the scan run. When it has run two logs will be produced, please post only DDS.txt directly into your reply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!