Blue screen of death when Malwarebytes is on computer

Hi,

I will show you the mail I sent to malwarebytes, about my - still unsolved - problems, so you can get some insight on it:

• Dear employees at Malwarebytes, Today I purchased a licence of your product, simply because I was furious about the way my computer kept freezing up the entire day and giving the blue screen of death. I was convinced this was because of Malware within my computer. After buying the license however, I kept having the crashes, and they became even more frequent. Eventually, by deleting Malwarebytes off my computer, I found out that Malwarebytes itself was actually creating these crashes for the entire day. I was convinced this was because of conflicting software with other anti-virus programs. However this turned out to be false as I turned off all the built-in firewalls, and deleted all the anti-virus programs off my computer,except Malwarebytes, and it still gave me the blue screen of death. Right now I feel like I shouldn't have bought a license in the first place, and I'm rather disappointed that I can't use it on my computer at all without getting a crash. I really hope there is an explanation as to why Malwarebytes behaved the way it did on my computer, and if there isn't, then would prefer a refund so I can invest it in software that would I could work with on my computer. Yours sincerily

They requested:

- a Dependency Walker Image (*dwi)

- an Bmbam crash dump file

- a picture of the BSOD-screen

They gave:

- a "fix" DLL

Unfortunately, despite all the info I gave, and the help they gave, the problem was still unsolved. I really feel like I'm the only person using MalwareBytes which has this problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Guest spc3rd

Hi HCom!

Until the more experienced forum members can respond to your question, I would ask if you have tried doing a System Restore back to a point before you began experiencing these freezes and crashes? Also, could you please include in your next post information about your computer system, security software currently installed, etc? This will make it easier for the distinguished moderators and other forum members here to assist you.

If I where you I would download CCleaner from Filehippo.com, (its free), and then do a registry scan and fix, a lot of freezes are caused by register hiccups, if the registry is corrupted the PC doesn't know what to do next when running some programs and crashes.

@ spc3rd: No I haven't, the reason why I put MalwareBytes on my computer was because I was having some pretty nasty spyware on my computer, that malwarebytes deleted for me. But the moment I had MalwareBytes, my computer started to crash.

@ 1PW: This was the last mail-conversation I had with him.

• Hi Tom, Photo is enclosed in the mail. About the crash dumps, I'm not really that familiar with that, simply because I wouldn't know where to look in those reports. Either way it's good that we're doing this, might help people in the future.

He said it was something totally unrelated to MalwareBytes. But I allready told him several times that I only get the crash when MalwareBytes was on my computer. I thought any other reply I'd give him, would result in him telling me it's not MalwareBytes fault.

@ Terryl:

I'll try that out right now, thanks. Restarting computer, lets see what it does.

• Staff

I will get someone from support to help you out.

Have you tried to eliminate what he said with a windows file system issue?

Have you run checkdisk or run hard drive diagnostics? It may only happen with malwarebytes installed but the problem is something unique to your system. Malwarebytes is VERY heavy on customized disk access. If your hard drive has errors Mbam will bring them to the front.

I would recommend you stick with support. Running registry cleaners and third party advice can possibly cause more problems.

I will get someone from support to help you out.

Have you tried to eliminate what he said with a windows file system issue?

Have you run checkdisk or run hard drive diagnostics? It may only happen with malwarebytes installed but the problem is something unique to your system. Malwarebytes is VERY heavy on customized disk access. If your hard drive has errors Mbam will bring them to the front.

I would recommend you stick with support. Running registry cleaners and third party advice can possibly cause more problems.

Hi Shadowwar,

I ran TDSSKiller today, an anti-rootkitvirus program affiliated by Kaspersky, and it appears the one virus TDSSKiller picked out was making sure my Malwarebytes wouldn´t operate properly.

Now that the virus is gone, I can run MalwareBytes properly.

Thanks for the support, and I hope the staff at MalwareBytes recommend TDSSKiller to anyone who had the same problem as I had.

Can you post the log from tdsskiller? It is usually in the root of your system drive. for example c:\

This can make sense cause the TDSS rootkit intercepts disk calls and can sometimes interfere with our driver during the scan.

As far as I know, there were no ways of getting logs from this program, but I knew the least I could do is make a screenshot of it:

rootkitvirus.jpg

• Staff

Yeah the Master boot record was infected which hides the other components of the rootkit. Can sometimes play havoc with machines and AV programs that use special disk access routines. Glad you got it sorted! Sometimes when this rootkit is installed it can even make the machine unbootable.