Domain PCs unable to auto update

Hi all,

I am trying desperately to get malwarebytes to update from a system account. I have followed the instructions that I've found on here. I've set the updates/scans from the administrator account. They simply never happen.

We have a domain setup here and none of the users have administrative privileges so malwarebytes falls behind unless I go to each and every machine and login as administrator (or run as) and perform the necessary upgrades.

I have tried this with multiple clients networks and I've never been able to get this to work properly. What am I missing?

Steps taken so far:

Logged in as Administrator

Started Malwarebytes

Clicked the protection module

Configured a daily update repeating every day

Set to recover if missed by 1 hour

Checked wake computer from sleep to perform task

Checked flash scan after successful update

What is there left to do?? I love the product and so do my clients however if it cannot update its useless.

Hello Travis,

If your system is either powered off or logged off it will not run the update. Try setting the recover if missed by to 23 hours. That means if a system misses it's scheduled update it will attempt that scheduled item within 23 hours as soon as it can.

If this setting is set to 1 hour it will only have 1 hour to recover by or not execute.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.

Hello Travis,

If your system is either powered off or logged off it will not run the update. Try setting the recover if missed by to 23 hours. That means if a system misses it's scheduled update it will attempt that scheduled item within 23 hours as soon as it can.

If this setting is set to 1 hour it will only have 1 hour to recover by or not execute.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.

The machines are left on. I have never once gotten it to update on its own correctly.

I'll change it to 23 hours and see if that helps but I doubt that will correct the issue. Specifically there is a machine that is setup for remote connections that is up and running 24/7. This machine has NEVER updated correctly.