Licensing

Hi folks,

I fix computers for friends and family, and I end up using the free version of MalwareBytes quite regularly. I install it on other people's machines and run it to remove all sorts of things.

Because it has been so handy (and free) I wanted to buy it to support the product and the company that has been so useful to me.

I have questions about the license though. Is it for one machine only? If I bought a license, would I still have to use the free version to fix other people's machines? Could I use my license to work on other machines?

The problem is that I want to buy the tool, but the tool needs a fresh install every time I need it, which I don't think I'll be licensed for.

Can anyone give some clarity to this?

I have questions about the license though.
"Is it for one machine only?"

Yes , your purchase is a lifetime license, but only for one computer - Discounts are given for Multi purchases -

You can move it when you purchase another computer, by fully uninstalling it and reinstalling on a new computer with the same Key / ID supplied -

If you do this on more than one active computer the internal base here will note it is active on 2 computers and disables the license - (many have tried it)

When you ever want to move your license to another computer the simple uninstall process can be given from here -

If you are paid to repair computers (like in a shop) a separate license is required -

I hope that answers most of your question, please post back if you wish more information - :)

Just to add, if you are using it for repairs on the systems of others, then consumer licenses are not appropriate. Please fill out completely the form on this page to submit an inquiry and our sales team will work with you on a licensing solution that best suits your needs :).

I'm not collecting money for it, I'm just helping friends and such.

So I will either have them install it themselves or use something else.

Thanks.

Hello KirbyG:

Anecdotally, more than a few professional computer technicians have said they have their customers buy MBAM PRO as part of their repair agreements. This protects the customer from infection/re-infection and helps to protect the tech's work after return.

HTH :)

I'm not collecting money for it, I'm just helping friends and such.

If you're just cleaning their PC's for free, then you can use the Free version, I often have to do the same myself for friends and family :).

And of course, as 1PW said, recommending the PRO version to them to help keep them protected doesn't hurt (haven't gotten any calls from my sister about PC issues in months since she bought the PRO version).

If you're just cleaning their PC's for free, then you can use the Free version, I often have to do the same myself for friends and family :).

And of course, as 1PW said, recommending the PRO version to them to help keep them protected doesn't hurt (haven't gotten any calls from my sister about PC issues in months since she bought the PRO version).

EXILE: Home network with three computers. Require 3 licenses ?

If only one install & license on the main computer, can it scan the other's hard drive ?

EXILE: Home network with three computers. Require 3 licenses ?

Correct.

If only one install & license on the main computer, can it scan the other's hard drive ?

Technically, no, but you can certainly use the free version on the other two PC's if all you want is an on-demand scanner (which would be best anyway, since MBAM works better when actually installed on the PC it is scanning).