Need a way to throttle MBAMPro during scans..

In a upcoming build could MBAMPro give us an option to use only one of the available CPUs or a way to specify the % of CPU time used during scans. Sometimes during quickscans on my system (Vista32/AMD 64x2 Athlon 64 at 2.6ghz w/4 gigs memory) the rest of my system bogs down.

Thanks,

Steve

• Root Admin

While awaiting a potential addition to the program like that may I suggest you set a scheduled scan at a time when you're not actively using the computer. Even though I'm often on mine 18 to 20 hours a day there are times I'm not using it where it could be scheduled to run.

Hello Steve

How many programs do you have running at Start-up, I have four programs running at startup (AV,MBAM,Winpatrol and ad blocker) on me Vista 32 bit 4 gb memory. It flies through the Qscan on demand with the machine being idle and it might help your machine while tasking while the Qscan is in action. ;)

Hello Steve

How many programs do you have running at Start-up, I have four programs running at startup (AV,MBAM,Winpatrol and ad blocker) on me Vista 32 bit 4 gb memory. It flies through the Qscan on demand with the machine being idle and it might help your machine while tasking while the Qscan is in action. ;)

ikzM9.gif

Ummmmmmmm... You really don't want to know T . :P:)

Steve...

@ Ron and T: I do have it set to run every 6 hours.. sometimes it hits an idle period.. most times not.. I only brought the 1 CPU instead of 2 up because I know G-DATA has that option so it must be possible.

• Staff

ikzM9.gif

Ummmmmmmm... You really don't want to know T . :P:)

Steve...

@ Ron and T: I do have it set to run every 6 hours.. sometimes it hits an idle period.. most times not.. I only brought the 1 CPU instead of 2 up because I know G-DATA has that option so it must be possible.

Every six hours? Why? What type of activity are you doing that requires that many scans in a day? Or are you just running to check for f\ps?

Every six hours? Why? What type of activity are you doing that requires that many scans in a day? Or are you just running to check for f\ps?

Hi Tom,

I don't go to many sites unless I'm following up on news postings in DAILY ROTATION so I guess I could cut it down to once a day. I use both OA's blacklisting and HostsMan and I don't go looking for adventure or download software from sleazy sites and I haven't run across a false positive (f/ps) in weeks... I'll set it for once a day at 9pm as I'm usually watching TV then instead of computer work.

post-35425-0-70046100-1311179390.png

@Everyone: Thanks for the suggestions. I was making a suggestion for future builds more than complaining altho' I know I comes across that way. :rolleyes:

Steve