right click context menu

• Root Admin

Why are you keeping 205 items in Quarantine? Normally if you've not noticed any ill affect on your computer after about a week it is normally safe to empty the Quarantine.

Please click on START - RUN and type in CMD.EXE and click OK.

Then type in the following and press the Enter key after each line.

CD %ProgramFiles%

CD "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware"

REGSVR32 mbamext.dll

Then quit the DOS console and see if the Right click is working now.

Thank you Ron... I got the following message: Failed to load module "mbamexe.dll." Could not find the specific module. Attach the message in spanish....

And I agree quarantine, this past Saturday 16 install Malwarebytes. So far the performance of my pc much improved.

I hope your help!!!

René Urrutia

post-88230-0-29866600-1311115056.jpg

• Root Admin

Windows 7 is smart enough to go to the correct folder even if the trailing double-quote is missing.

He was in the right folder - but looks like either the REGSVR32.EXE file is missing or the mbamext.dll file is missing.

You can also try downloading the program again and just re-install over the top of the current version and it should replace/repair any missing file or settings.

Ron... i can see the file regsvr32.exe in my system, is not missing:

C:\Windows\System32>regsvr32.exe

Attach image.

but, i cant see the file "mbamext.dll" in the program file Malwarebytes:

"C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Attach image

pd. I have Windows Vista Home Premium :)

thanks!!!

post-88230-0-32212500-1311136697.jpg

post-88230-0-50467400-1311137026.jpg

• Root Admin

Please download the latest version then and install it over the top of your current version. Temporarily disable your Anti-Virus during the installation and re-enable it after you've installed MBAM and rebooted.

Click the Green Download Latest Version button on their site. down5.png

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.51.1.1800 from Filehippo

Windows 7 is smart enough to go to the correct folder even if the trailing double-quote is missing.

He was in the right folder - but looks like either the REGSVR32.EXE file is missing or the mbamext.dll file is missing.

You can also try downloading the program again and just re-install over the top of the current version and it should replace/repair any missing file or settings.

Hello Ron:

Embarrassingly I saw that after I had posted. I'm very happy the user has recovered MBAM.

Nice catch! :)

• Root Admin

Actually something else I missed that I just now see. That DOS console is not an elevated admin console so even if the file was there it would not be able to register it properly. It requires an elevated admin prompt.

But now that it is working - you may want to keep an eye out on the quarantine and if you've not noticed any issues or problems with the computer go ahead and clear out the quarantine.

Take care