I'm a little frustrated

Yesterday my MB wouldn't open. SO I uninstalled, cleanly and reinstalled..worked great yesterday and this morning. Now when my sched'd scan time came and went, I went to manually start it. Again it wouldn't open, so repeated yesterday's treatment and it's back on again and scanning normally. The only thing I can find in common with both days was an update that was done, when I clicked to manually scan, a message came up and said it will now close and install update, I clicked ok. I'm not certain that it failed yesterday after an update but I know 100% for certain that today it did. I'm not sure why this update is causing issues, but I would really like to know the fix, if its the update than if I do not update I won't be protected very well...is there something I need to be doing in the settings or on my pc to stop this from happening? either stop the update or the issue,preferably the issue.

Would appreciate any help with this. Thank you very much

Yesterday my MB wouldn't open. SO I uninstalled, cleanly and reinstalled..worked great yesterday and this morning. Now when my sched'd scan time came and went, I went to manually start it. Again it wouldn't open, so repeated yesterday's treatment and it's back on again and scanning normally. The only thing I can find in common with both days was an update that was done, when I clicked to manually scan, a message came up and said it will now close and install update, I clicked ok. I'm not certain that it failed yesterday after an update but I know 100% for certain that today it did. I'm not sure why this update is causing issues, but I would really like to know the fix, if its the update than if I do not update I won't be protected very well...is there something I need to be doing in the settings or on my pc to stop this from happening? either stop the update or the issue,preferably the issue.

Would appreciate any help with this. Thank you very much

It just updated again and it has to be the update causing the issue as It will no longer open or run. GRRRR I lost my hard drive a few months ago to something and I am paranoid to not have mb now.

Hello jbsmomto1,

After uninstalling MBAM using the MBAM-Clean.exe utility program.

Please download the latest installer from : Here.

After installation of MBAM 1.51.1 Please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Thank you.

Hello jbsmomto1,

After uninstalling MBAM using the MBAM-Clean.exe utility program.

Please download the latest installer from : Here.

After installation of MBAM 1.51.1 Please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Thank you.

Did what you suggested and it won't open, didn't even have the chance to d/ any updates this time though.....I am so frustrated.

no...after that update the program honestly doesn't do anything, anywhere in any mode lol....

Should also have I have dl/ mb in safe mode, not safe mode, with my avira on, with my avira disabled.....same as the update I have tried in all modes. I tried to disable TSS in devices (plug and play) but I'm not seeing it disable....

Hello jbsmomto1,

Sorry to hear but from the information given you seem to have gotten infected.

As we don't deal with malware removal in the General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum, you need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.

You can follow the directions below and someone will assist you with running scans on your system to see if they can detect anything.

Please print out, read and follow the Directions HERE, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

In addition be sure to click the bottom button to add replies.

post-60618-0-85226200-1311103778.png

Thank you very much.

Hello jbsmomto1,

Sorry to hear but from the information given you seem to have gotten infected.

As we don't deal with malware removal in the General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum, you need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.

You can follow the directions below and someone will assist you with running scans on your system to see if they can detect anything.

Please print out, read and follow the Directions HERE, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

In addition be sure to click the bottom button to add replies.

post-60618-0-85226200-1311103778.png

Thank you very much.

I have installed and ran other programs like mb this afternoon and came up clean on all 3 and even when I was able to use mb (before the update) it also found nothing.....I will try these steps again and hope and pray