Problems even after fresh install

Over the past week or so I have had odd errors from Malwarebytes - e.g. the service unexpected exiting, or the GUi not showing up. Just today it failed to update correctly, so I uninstalled completely, rebooted and downloaded a fresh copy. I installed it and it wanted to launch and update the DB. I then received the following error (attached).

I have MSE but its already been told to ignore MBAM processe and the two had been happily working for months.

What do I do to ensure it is working correctly?

Mike

post-77500-0-49502200-1310900908.jpg

Hello morph: :welcome:

Please be sure you have your MBAM PRO Product ID & Key handy and that you are logged in with Administrative privileges.

Please try a clean re-install by doing the following:

• Download and run the latest mbam-clean.exe from here.
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important.
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here.
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license within the boxed version or were sent via email if using the PRO version.
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the PRO version. Now setup any reciprocal file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Please let us know how it goes.

HTH :)

Have done as requested - currently seems to be back to normal. The difference with what you suggested and what I did before ... I did an uninstall first, and your mbam-clean I would think would do something similar ... but clearly does more.

I was running MSE (which had the excluded processes correctly entered previously) and COMODO. Before the reinstall I disabled both. Neither complained when I re-enabled them, nor did they notice any "new" file signature (as COMODO does) so, I am not exactly sure what has been fixed or why.

Mike

Hello Mike:

I have a very similar software lineup on a test computer (not W7). One can only theorize that some manner of corruption has done its evil deed on a registry hive.

I'm very happy that your MBAM is up and working again. Please let us know when we can help again. :)