Update Issues

Good Day,

I just updated MBAM to the most current version, a bubble popped up over the program in the item tray stated that it was outdated, I updated, restarted, and now it will not launch. I have run MBAM-Clean.exe and re-installed but nothing. Anyone else having this issue?

Hello and welcome:

Sorry you are having update issues.

Did you reboot after running mbam-clean?

Are you getting any error messages?

Perhaps try one more time, following the steps detailed below (it seems more complicated than it really is).

MBAM Clean Re-installation Instructions:

NOTE: You need to be logged in as an administrator.

1. Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here.

Note:It will ask to restart your computer; please allow it to do so -- very important!

2. After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus (AV) and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here. (Note: Ignore any promos or ads for other software/products at the mirror sites; and there is no fee to download MBAM Free.)

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email, if you are using the PRO version.

3. Launch MBAM (and set the Protection and Registration, if you are using the PRO version).

4. Go to the UPDATE tab, if not done during installation, and check for updates.

5. Restart the computer again (and, if you are using the PRO version, verify that the MBAM icon is in the system tray).

6. Set up any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQs here, or ask and we'll explain how to do it. (Specific steps depend on the AntiVirus software vendor & version, and on your computer's OS).

7. Restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

8. Add the program folder(s) for your AV and FW to MBAM's "Ignore List".(Let us know if you need help with this.)

9. Set up your scheduled updates & scheduled scans (this only applies to the PRO version). Scheduler help is available here.

10. Run an MBAM Quick Scan.

Please post back and let us know if this is successful.

Thanks!

daledoc1

Sorry daledoc1 - didn't see your post - still asleep ! Did you reboot after install ? Can you start it buy clicking Start, All Programs, or clicking on a desktop Icon ?

(Actually when I began to compose reply, there were no replies at that moment)

Hello. I tried it, no success. The program will not launch, its like the update torpedoed my PRO copy and will not let the program launch at all. Sounds like a hotfix needs to be released.... :) Any other suggestions?

Hello and welcome:

Sorry you are having update issues.

Did you reboot after running mbam-clean?

Are you getting any error messages?

Perhaps try one more time, following the steps detailed below (it seems more complicated than it really is).

MBAM Clean Re-installation Instructions:

NOTE: You need to be logged in as an administrator.

1. Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here.

Note:It will ask to restart your computer; please allow it to do so -- very important!

2. After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus (AV) and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here. (Note: Ignore any promos or ads for other software/products at the mirror sites; and there is no fee to download MBAM Free.)

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email, if you are using the PRO version.

3. Launch MBAM (and set the Protection and Registration, if you are using the PRO version).

4. Go to the UPDATE tab, if not done during installation, and check for updates.

5. Restart the computer again (and, if you are using the PRO version, verify that the MBAM icon is in the system tray).

6. Set up any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQs here, or ask and we'll explain how to do it. (Specific steps depend on the AntiVirus software vendor & version, and on your computer's OS).

7. Restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

8. Add the program folder(s) for your AV and FW to MBAM's "Ignore List".(Let us know if you need help with this.)

9. Set up your scheduled updates & scheduled scans (this only applies to the PRO version). Scheduler help is available here.

10. Run an MBAM Quick Scan.

Please post back and let us know if this is successful.

Thanks!

daledoc1

Hello, again. Xoum:

Sorry to hear that the clean install didn't solve your problem.

Until someone more expert has a chance to reply, please refer to this article here.

If nothing suggested there works, either, then I suspect it might be because you are infected, and we might need to refer you to the malware removal article here and then ask you to seek expert assistance at the malware removal forum.

Hopefully one of the mods or experts will have some more successful suggestions for you.

Thanks for your patience,

daledoc1

PS: Please use the a8JTu.jpg button instead of other ones when you reply here and at the other forums, so that it will be easier to read. :)

My experience with a similar issue was as suggested by Firefox. Shut down your client and start it in Safe Mode. It should startup OK in Safe Mode (other than your display may render at a low resolution). Once in Safe Mode you should be able to run Malwarebytes with no issues. In my case Malwarebytes ran a full scan, found the cause of my clients misbehavior and removed them (yes, there were several). I shut down, rebooted in Normal Mode and ran Malwarebytes again (full scan(to be certain everything was cleaned)). Hope one of these solutions works for you. Let us know how it works out.