bug in new malwarebytes software update

so i was surfing the web when malwarebytes just said it had downloaded the newest version and said to click here to update

so i did and it then required a restart so i yes said when the computer back online it said malwarebytes was outdated by 8 days

and that i should update so i did it went from database 7135 to 7140 i highly doubt its been outdated that long when it was just updated an hour or 2 ago to 7135

johnwerneken Sorry to hear your having issues....

Please do the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

• Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

BUG i think and different. Latest update today (have win7 64 home premium, afaik malwarebytes is x86 type version) did NOT create desktop shortcut and deletede existing shortcut; malwarebytes load error on boot, consistently.

version according to program list in control panel add/remove is 1.51.1.1800

Glad it works for you...

Just a question thought, you mention avast and avg, both of those are antivirus programs, do you have both installed? It is not a good Idea to have two antivirus programs installed, it could cause conflicts.

Mods/Admins can you edit the post above to remove ID and Keys for johnwerneken... Thanks in advance...

sorry bout the publishing of keys; was getting irate about this particular type of issue, of a bug leading to potential lose-track of proof of purchase, i can't always find mfg email or cd...seems ok now.

the diff things i don't have all their modules running at same time, as far as avg and avast go...they do some things malwarebytes doesn't seem to but as some of their features slow things up or nag too much i onl;y run malwarebytes with nothing turned off...as a general rule there don't seem to be conflicts.

except there is a once-in-a-while occurrence of two things one of which i'm pretty sure is avast. which is a blue screen system crash. the other is very new, last 2 weekd - the ie9 32 and 64 bit browser history files get weird; sometimes no new entries sometimes only certain things. trying to delete the idex.dat files in the past has fixed the later; so far, reboot has cleared the former, which as it is a roughly monthly thing isn't too bad...its weird every time i run the various boot/rootkit scans i get corrupt files in the backup volumn; not watching closely enough, i'm not certain, but i feel that new corrupt backup volumn files come to be without a new backup being made...

Well we generally don't want to post the keys here so no one gets your numbers and tries to use them, then yours will stop working.

As for the BSOD, it could be from both Antivirus softwares running together, if I were you I would get rid of one or the other, then use all the features of the Malwarebytes Pro as well. That should keep you clean.

• 1 month later...

Posting today because I clicked on

blog.oregonlive.com/cgi-bin/mte/mt-comments.cgi

and ended up here for no apparant reason. At this moment to my knowledge absolutely no anti-virus or firewall software of any kind from any source is running. I am muystified to find myself here. So I signed in to post this!

Edited by AdvancedSetup
removed hyperlink from post