How many times a day does MBAM update?

I use the freeware version of MBAM & was just wondering how many times a day does it update? I know I should keep it updated to be effective but I never seem to be fully up to date. I understand MBAM is on the ball so to speak, & the updates are neccesary, but what is the recommended update amount? Once a day?

• Staff

Hi Daveski17.

There is no set number of updates recommended or scheduled.

Our researchers update as frequently as they can find, identify and configure the info needed to remove files. Granted, it may not be that every single file requires an definitions update, but rest assured the real nasty ones get one.

Rule of thumb: Before any scan, update...that way you can't go wrong.

Hope that's been helpful

MBAM's database is updated between 2 and 10 times a day depending on the malware climate of that day .

Updates can happen in any of the 24 hours .

This is the reason why I think that "Scheduling" in the paid version should be different from the way it is now. MBAM can be set to check for updates automatically at a certain time once a day. Maybe it would be possible to change it, so that MBAM can be set to check for updates, say, every two or three hours. Would be great if this were possible. :P

This is the reason why I think that "Scheduling" in the paid version should be different from the way it is now. MBAM can be set to check for updates automatically at a certain time once a day. Maybe it would be possible to change it, so that MBAM can be set to check for updates, say, every two or three hours. Would be great if this were possible. :)

I do agree with your comments on the scheduling system MBAM currently have. Most major antivirus software provide the option you've suggested for users. But to be honest, it would make things much simpler by recommending that the paid version of MBAM be configured to automatically check and install updates regardless of how many hours interval, just like Kaspersky and G Data, which i had on my Vista and XP respectively. :P