Enable CD-ROM Emulation Software?

Hi,

So I had a problem I posted about in the "Hijack" area that ultimately I ended up finding the solution to myself (I got 1 response in SIX days). Can anyone tell me - at the very beginning of the "infected" protocol they make you disable the CD-ROM software and I still haven't enabled it (it says not to until told to do so. Well I'm feeling a little hung out to dry). Can someone help me with this?

Thank you, Lara

Hello, ZhivagosGirl:

I do not work for MBAM and am just a home user like yourself, but I am sorry you are not happy with the assistance at the HJT forum. :(

Please note that most of the expert helpers are volunteers and they do the best they can at a very busy forum.

Cleaning malware can be a long process, even in expert hands.

It looks as if Screen317 was assisting you in your other thread.

You might wish to post back there and/or send him a PM for further assistance cleaning your system.

In the interim, I think these are the steps for re-enabling the emulation drivers -- please note, however, that I am not an authorized malware expert, so I am only providing them "as is", as I cannot provide official malware removal advice or verify that your system is cleaned. (That's why I respectfully suggest that you follow-through with your helper in the HJT forum.) :)

If you used DeFogger

To re-enable your Emulation drivers, double click DeFogger to run the tool.

The application window will appear

Click the Re-enable button to re-enable your CD Emulation drivers

Click Yes to continue

A 'Finished!' message will appear

Click OK

DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OK

IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_enable which will appear on your desktop.

Your Emulation drivers are now re-enabled.

I hope this helps,

daledoc1