Won't accept my ID or Key #

Hi

I used a trial version and saw that it had expired so I downloaded and paid but when I try to register it won't accept the ID and Key numbers that I have on my receipt. How do I look for this new download on my computer and get it to run? I am not computer friendly so I need easy instructions. Is the fee a monthly thing?

Hello LillysG: :welcome:

Your MBAM PRO license is good for a lifetime.

I am going to defer to "nosirrah" (Bruce Harrison, Vice Pres. of Research) and a forum Administrator for a solution.

I have sent a PM to Bruce Harrison. Hopefully he will contact you soon.

In the meantime you can try the solution in item 7 of the FAQ.

HTH :)

Edited by 1PW

Hello LillysG: :welcome:

Your MBAM PRO license is good for a lifetime.

I am going to defer to "nosirrah" (Bruce Harrison, Vice Pres. of Research) and a forum Administrator for a solution.

I have sent a PM to Bruce Harrison. Hopefully he will contact you soon.

Thanks so much for your quick reply with help :)

Do I disable my McAfee when I'm working on this? I am using AOL and I keep getting a pop up (supposed to be disabled) that says Active Update and it's for AOL 9.0VR, it's in the bottom corner of my screen. I don't know if this is legit or some virus pop-up. I know, I'm paranoid.

Hello LillysG:

We can work on your various problems one at a time. Although I see you have another topic started in another Malwarebytes' sub-forum, you can follow the above FAQ instructions for a clean re-install. Then we can approach the next trouble in-line.

BTW, at the top of the other Malwarebytes' sub-forum, an FAQ there should be followed to give your malware removal expert a running start at that trouble you've posted.

Ref: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=89573

I got the first problem solved and I can scan now and I was able to register but 20 people viewed my post about the me old info by googling and there are instructions to find anotify.exe or aolsoftware.

It says to rename or delete those to get rid of this pop-up. Ever heard of this solution. When I scanned with Malwarebytes' it doesn't find it , it shows everything is OK.

I appreciate your help, thanks. I know this is the wrong forum but I get no reply anywahere else but here.

Hello LillysG:

We can work on your various problems one at a time. Although I see you have another topic started in another Malwarebytes' sub-forum, you can follow the above FAQ instructions for a clean re-install. Then we can approach the next trouble in-line.

BTW, at the top of the other Malwarebytes' sub-forum, an FAQ there should be followed to give your malware removal expert a running start at that trouble you've posted.

Ref: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=89573

Hello LillysG:

I'm happy that your computer problems are being resolved. If a MBAM full scan did not 'find' either anotify.exe or aolsoftware.exe then those files may still be present but MBAM deems them non-threats and indeed they are likely legitimate AOL signed executables.

Although I am a longtime AOL account holder, I choose not to use their software for access to their services. So, in the absence of more authoritative information, I would use the Microsoft Windows Search utility to find those files and rename them to anotify.exe.old and/or aolsoftware.exe.old

@Administrators or @Moderators:

This member has three simultaneous open topics:

For the member's best interests, please consider combining all topics into one thread in the Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs subforum for evaluation and/or assistance from a Malwarebytes authorized Malware Removal Expert.

Thank you kindly. :)