internet explorer general questions

tito335

hello again guys iknow i ask a lot but it seems that problems are chasing me whenever i go :)

i have reseted all the ie setting to clear some facts and issue i face recently

and when i restarted ie then a quick wizard appeared so i clicked on custom the i found it really

difficult so i clicked on cancel and didn't finish completely the setup

is this wrong?

and instead i began to set every thing again myself

turned on smart screen filter

and checked the popup blocker and it was on

also avira tool bar was disbled and i enabled it.

do i need any thing else?

also i now experince a little bit slower web browsing (did i do somthing wrong?)

also i installed google chrome and it was weired they told me u r awesome.

:D i mean what a hell ,they scared the >>>> out of me , i thought i was installing something spamy

then suddenly after installing chrome sucessfully in 2 mins (they told me it's just secs).

oooopps power cut down

and desktop pc was turned off ,,,,does this means that my data is affected or am i safe now?

post-83761-0-88921600-1310520720.jpg

Hi :) Not a problem.:)

No. IE should just use the default settings if you cancel.

I would also enable all SSL Modes(2.0, 3.0 etc).

You may want to clear your temp files. I don't know if resetting your browser does this.

Chrome is good and more secure then IE.

Depends. Anything that was open while the power outage occurred will be lost. Anything else shouldn't affected. I would suggest running chkdisk as shutdowns such as this can cause file system damage.

I would also enable all SSL Modes(2.0, 3.0 etc).

what are they and what is function of that???

You may want to clear your temp files. I don't know if resetting your browser does this.

i checked the delete my personal data while resetting so it's done. :)

Depends. Anything that was open while the power outage occurred will be lost. Anything else shouldn't affected. I would suggest running chkdisk as shutdowns such as this can cause file system damage.

no just ie was opened and when i turned on i opened ie and clicked restore last browsing.

also i opened chrome and it opened google.com so i guess it's working .

do i need to check disk for that and if so could u plz tell me how.

thanks bottuns

Sorry for the delayed response. On multiple sites and another computer.

what are they and what is function of that???

It's intended for email clients and websites that may use Secure Socket Layer(SSL) which makes it harder for your data to be stolen by making it harder to read.

no just ie was opened and when i turned on i opened ie and clicked restore last browsing.

also i opened chrome and it opened google.com so i guess it's working .

do i need to check disk for that and if so could u plz tell me how.

thanks bottuns

Ok. Nothing should be lost then.:)

Open My Computer and right click Local Disk(C:) and select Properties then click the Tools tab. Under Error Reporting click Check Now and select "Automatically fix file system errors" and "Scan and attempt recovery of bad sectors". Finally Start and it'll tell you to reboot so do so. Could take an hour or more.

okay so in my case it's not important to do it as nothing happened ,right?

also i'm using chrome now which is faster and more clear in browsing (more space) unlike ie8

also does the chrome has a spelling monitor? (it monitors spelling mistakes )

i see and orange square on every form i fill.

also what it the best setting i should use will browsing with chrome?

and have you seen the pic of chrome installation ,, is this normal or i just installed a spam software (i mean the word ur awesome makes me feel i'm installing something else ,well i installed google chrome b4 on win7 but the installation wasn't like that( may be they updated their way of installation ,not sure) (as i got this phobia of installing similar software which is used to only spy on ur data).

one of the first things i would do (if i were even to install google chrome) is to selectively remove certain "search providers" ...

you may find quite a list in there .

i have seen some weird providers in that list :

ebay

wiki

ask (!!)

answers (!!!!!)

bing

and a few others .

personally , i only have need for two search providers and google is one of them .

i have seen comps with upwards of 15 "search providers" ... many of those were of dubious nature or out-and-out crap .

do u mean like that

i guess it's set to google

also i noticed that every form i fill in like posts or login usernames passwords are framed with yellow frame is this secure as well or what ???

i guess it is for correcting spelling mistakes but why i see this also on my log in boxes???

post-83761-0-15055400-1310573959.jpg

okay so in my case it's not important to do it as nothing happened ,right?

also i'm using chrome now which is faster and more clear in browsing (more space) unlike ie8

also does the chrome has a spelling monitor? (it monitors spelling mistakes )

i see and orange square on every form i fill.

also what it the best setting i should use will browsing with chrome?

and have you seen the pic of chrome installation ,, is this normal or i just installed a spam software (i mean the word ur awesome makes me feel i'm installing something else ,well i installed google chrome b4 on win7 but the installation wasn't like that( may be they updated their way of installation ,not sure) (as i got this phobia of installing similar software which is used to only spy on ur data).

Unless you experience any problems then no. Personally I would still recommend it as issues could be present, but may not show signs. If you experience any issues deleting files, moving files, blue screens etc then it's highly possible the NTFS system is corrupt and a check disk is critical to run as it probably solve these.

Yes. Right click the marked word and it should show suggestions.

Under Content Settings disable Location ( Do not allow any site to track my physical location) and Notifications (Do not allow any site to show desktop notifications).

Yes it's fine.

yes , it seems that your default search provider is google ...

now , get rid of all the others that you absolutely do not need .

the reasons for doing this is that it keeps things simple (as much as is possible) and as a warning/diagnostic .

if for any reason something other than the search providers that you have selected show up you will know that *something* has happened and it is time to take a look .

some program installations will try to install their own provider and/or change your search provider(s) .

an example of this is the "ask toolbar" thread in these forums .

some "programs" (malware) will change your search provider without your knowledge (aka : hijack) ...

this may not show up in the providers list but you will see that "something does not look right" with your search results .

the more search providers you have , the harder it is to keep track of what they should look like .

would u mind telling me how?

Thanks

i am not familiar with google chrome ...

there should be a way in/under the "options" to change the list .

for example , in FF the integrated search box (and not some added in junkbar)has a small down pointer by the displayed icon of the current provider being used .

clicking on this causes a drop down box to appear , in this box will be shown a list of the providers and "manage search providers" .

clicking on "manage search providers" opens another box that allows one to add or remove providers .

there are tutorials available on line for google chrome :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3mxqqd1tyU

ps ... your keyboard seems to be dropping "y" and "o" .

thanks cwb and buttons

ps ... your keyboard seems to be dropping "y" and "o" .

it seems that your upset or something but i didn't mean any harm or insult

it just a fast way for chatting and social networking when you write u instead of you.

sorry

when you right u instead of you.

You mean "when you Write u instead of you" -

Too many shortcuts leads to writing the wrong words, as you never get the right spelling -

I got picked up on this quite often, so now I try to use the full words and slow down a bit.

Forums are not like instant messages, where you just want a quick or short note to someone.

Here it is better to fully spell out the message so you are not misunderstood.

Even though I still use M/soft or d/load, for Microsoft and download, and a few other shortcuts that are generally accepted.

Thank You -

You mean "when you Write u instead of you" -

Too many shortcuts leads to writing the wrong words, as you never get the right spelling -

yes i always fall in this mistake i don't know why?

i wanna write as write and not right but accidentally i write like this

also when i wanna say no i write it as know ,why?

it's now the third time i do this!!!!!!!!!!! silly mistake

am i on drug or something ???? :D

any way i guess mods. will kill us for this off topics ;) and thanks for correcting me.

and buttons i will ;)