High RAM/CPU usage PRO

I use PRO, and realtime protection REALLY slows me down. Sometimes 90 MB RAM/50%+ CPU! Please tell me what you need to diagnose this!

Hello skynet,

Please Download OTL to your Desktop:

To Use OTL:

• Get OTL From
HERE
Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
OTL should now start. Change the following settings
Change Drivers to All
Change Standard Registry to All
Under File Scans, change File age to 30
Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt (first run only). These are saved in the same location as OTL.
Please attach these 2 files in your next reply.

Thank you.

Hello Skynet,

From your running services. You have Avast, McAfee, Authentium, and Comodo Time Machine running. Along with MBAM.

Multiple instances of Anti-virus software tends to hang a system and not play nice with one another. My recommendation is moving down to one Anti-virus software along with MBAM and the Time Machine.

Temporarily disable McAfee and Authentium. Then let me know after restarting your system and not having these applications start with Windows if you still experience the high RAM and CPU usage.

Thank you.

I only use Avast, Mcafee was installed by accident. It was a scanner only. No on access scanning. I know to only use one AV. As for Authentium, I have never used that!

Hello skynet,

Each of their services are running in memory which can cause RAM and CPU usage.

Please disable those two.

Also, add exclusions for Avast! within MBAM and within Avast!

The steps to do so are located within the FAQ

Thank you very much.

I just looked in the services.msc menu, and found nothing running from authentium. I uninstalled McAfee security scan... I think someone else who uses the PC installed that. But I have no memory of ever using Authentium! I don't see it in services and it''s not in the uninstall menu either! So, please tell me where you saw Authentium and what the service name specifically was so that I know what to terminate.

Thank you

Hello skynet,

SRV - [2010/04/08 17:46:20 | 000,154,152 | ---- | M] (Authentium, Inc) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Authentium\AntiVirus5\vseqrts.exe -- (vseqrts)

SRV - [2010/04/08 17:46:18 | 000,117,288 | R--- | M] (Authentium, Inc) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Authentium\AntiVirus5\vsedsps.exe -- (vsedsps)

SRV - [2010/04/08 17:46:12 | 000,117,288 | R--- | M] (Authentium, Inc) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Authentium\AntiVirus5\vseamps.exe -- (vseamps)

Hope this helps.

Solved the problem, thanks! By the way... what would you think of MBAM being used as a standalone realtime protector? After all, it did place in front of Norton and Avast in top ten reviews for 2011 best antimalware. And in my opinion malware is all types of malicious software right? MBAM has a powerful IP blocker and heuristics. I haven't seen much to support it so I was wondering what you guys think?

Hello,

As Firefox described, MBAM is not a replacement for your anti-virus software. We compliment anti-virus software to actively prevent infections from harming your system.

If you have any further questions/issues arise please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

Yeah I know it's only a second opinion, my friend got on here... changed the password.